LegacyGT.com

OCDetails Interior Detailing (Part 3)

CLICK HERE for the most recent installment of my detailing guide that I'm rewriting. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one, so I'll have to review and revise it a few times. The next step is to integrate all three stages into one coherent article and then add a little extra 'final detailing' information to it and then I'm all done. I'll wrap it up in a nice pdf and make it easy to download the entire thing if someone wanted to do that. It is probably the most complete guide I have written on the subject of detailing, but there are definitely areas that can be expounded on a little further. I'll still have separate articles for those areas. Things like claying, leather care, engine detailing, etc. Anyway, input, as usual, is appreciated! :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

looks good. as for the glass cleaning, i use invisible glass too! but i suggest that you cover the dash with a microfiber to protect it from the overspray. the first time i used it in my car when it was new, i got two droplets onto the center dash cubby door, wiped it right away and it still stained/etched it. in the advertisements it does say "Not recommended for use on polycarbonate plastic."

It depends on what is on it. Typically you can just use a tooth brush and degreaser. Sometimes you need a wire brush to clean the terminals, but a soft(ish) bristled brush and degreaser like Simple Green or even just engine degreaser will do the trick 9 times out of 10.

OCDETAILS BLOG

looks good. as for the glass cleaning, i use invisible glass too! but i suggest that you cover the dash with a microfiber to protect it from the overspray. the first time i used it in my car when it was new, i got two droplets onto the center dash cubby door, wiped it right away and it still stained/etched it. in the advertisements it does say "Not recommended for use on polycarbonate plastic."

Spray the invisible glass on the microfiber cloth and wipe away, saves product and gets the job done w/o overspray.

Spray the invisible glass on the microfiber cloth and wipe away, saves product and gets the job done w/o overspray.

Yup. That's what I do on the windshield. It is typically a pretty easy piece of glass to clean since it only gets a little hazy and not really dirty like the rest of the windows can get if you have kids touching them. A little product on a towel goes a long way to make a streak free windshield.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived