LegacyGT.com

help finding a thread....08+ sti seats into the legacy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is actually a how to on how to install the seat heaters into 05 Sti seats (blue & black seats). Doesn't seem to hard to do really...the biggest pain would be dealing with the hog pins I think. As for plug n play, ur just have to get all the sensors from ur legacy seat (including seat belt buckle...cause the seat belt won't buckle without switching it out). It also depends on what yr legacy u have and if u have the power or non power seats. From what I've gathered the 05 and 07 seats brackets/locations are different. Also according to the seat heater how to I referenced earlier if u have the non power seats...the seat brackets will bolt to 05 Sti seats but if u have power seats the brackets won't fit. I learned this all the hard way.... cause i got 05 Sti seats cause I thought they would fit...but after way to many headaches....i still had to get separate brackets for the seats to bolt up in the rear. The front brackets bolt up but the rears don't. Rant over.... :)

May be a dumb question...but I know you have all thought about how uncomfortable our stock seats are on long trips...

Are these seats any comfier? :lol: If it's a substantial difference I will be checking out Ebay

the leather ones? i drove 550 miles non stop and i didnt feel uncomfortable :)

I swapped the drivers seats and i've found that everything bolts in just fine, however (there is always a however) the wrx has three elec. conections while the legacy has four, two of which are the same. The air bag light would not go off on the dash so i'm assuming that was one of the connectors. The seat belt latch would need to be swapped as well. The other two connectors i'm not sure about but i'd guess they would be for the heated bottom and back. The wrx does has heated seats but from the looks of it they seem to be wired differently. I hope this helps. imho the wrx seats look a lot sportier than the stock ones and yes "i" think they are more comfortable especially through the corners.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived