LegacyGT.com

Thinking about getting a 96 Legacy by trade Audi

except when headgaskets blow and the guys don't tell you about it haha.

I checked that list before I got the subaru, and I was torn between a 99 A4 with the 1.8 and the gt that I have now. two weeks later the guy driving the audi broke the timing belt and bent the valves. oooooooh, dodged a bullet there :spin:

ya lol i didnt read the opening post i guess

Your driving an a4!!! those are on the do not buy list, or LEMON list for used cars haaaah

Get the subaru

Ineedmorerepsi said that the audi would be rare...

Thats probably because its a lemon and nobody wants to keep getting there wallets raped to keep it on the road

PA has a very big VDub culture. I would own another one. I'd gladly trade my swapped Legacy for an equally modded 1.8TQM with no 2nd thoughts either. I'm not attached to this Legacy.. but VAG cars have a great effect on me and it seems like that to other owners. The things have issues but you love them to death, ride quality, and the interior design/fit/quality is so great that it makes you forget the rest of the issues. Their exhaust note is sex too.

My favorite manufactures, which would explain why I'm pro Audi here:

Honda- Japanese

Ford - US

Lotus - UK

VAG(VWAudiPor) - German

To the OP get whatever you want.

thats true because hondas are overrated..

Fords doing good now with the fusion, not a fan of the focus, or Taurus.

Lotus is out of my league, I don't classify lotus, or Maserati as cars, there luxury items i wont ever afford lol.

i would get rid of the audi after a test drive, but like others ahve said, your getting the L and not the gt, so you miss out on some of the Bds agressive styling and spoiler. But subarus are easy to work on, and with the huge difference in miles, i bet the car is less destroyed by rust and everything...

Cars those mileage you need to look underneath make sure the suspension and even frame arent to far gone...

I finally got the "thumb out of my ass" (a Swedish expression, for finally doing something that you already should have done) and replaced that oil pressure switch. So far so good! I suppose the oil pump is fine.

Now of course I think the car feels really good. Still might wanna trade though... but the Subaru guy seems to have dissapeared... still haven't seen the car.

On the rust issue: on an a4 and possibly audis in general, rust is NOT an issue. Apart from the few spots on the front of the hood, rust is not a part of my vocabulary as an a4 owner. So you got to give that to the audis. (Don't ask me about those spots on the hood though, I don't know what there doing there on this car otherwise so clean of rust)

Oil pump Subaru $137

Oil pump Audi $300

Alternator (Bosch) Subaru $116

Alternator (Bosch) Audi $178

Power steering pump Subaru $111

Power steering pump Audi $252

fuel level sending unit Subaru $75

fuel level sending unit Audi $108

Water pump Subaru $47

Water pump Audi $58

ABS speed sensor Subaru $133

ABS speed sensor Audi $172

/thread

thats true because hondas are overrated..

Fords doing good now with the fusion, not a fan of the focus, or Taurus.

Lotus is out of my league, I don't classify lotus, or Maserati as cars, there luxury items i wont ever afford lol.

i would get rid of the audi after a test drive, but like others ahve said, your getting the L and not the gt, so you miss out on some of the Bds agressive styling and spoiler. But subarus are easy to work on, and with the huge difference in miles, i bet the car is less destroyed by rust and everything...

Cars those mileage you need to look underneath make sure the suspension and even frame arent to far gone...

Keep telling yourself that kid. Honda IS innovative, tech from F1 car is put into their engines. They've perfected the Variable timing lift for over 22 years, everyone else is doing it now but nowhere as close. Anyone who can put out stock from manufacture more than 170hp out of and 1.6L and 240hp out of 2.0 4 cylinders that rev to 9,000 rpm and still get 30mpg again stock can't be overrated, their stock transmissions take 800hp beatings with slicks on them launching at 6krpm. You can't be serious that Hondas are overrated.:lol: Their new small suv RDX has K23 with Turbo and SH-AWD. (1st Turbo AWD with the iVTEC) It's only a matter of time til they perfect this platform to use in other models like the accord, civic and so on.

Ford has always been consistent Volvo, Jaguar, Mazda, Land Rover you can't be serious either. Their trucks have always been at the top.

Lotus - Sorry you can't afford a $30kUsed-60kNew car. The Lotus Esprit, Elise, Exige and now Evora are great pieces of machinery. Supercar platform at an affordable price.

I finally got the "thumb out of my ass" (a Swedish expression, for finally doing something that you already should have done) and replaced that oil pressure switch. So far so good! I suppose the oil pump is fine.

Now of course I think the car feels really good. Still might wanna trade though... but the Subaru guy seems to have dissapeared... still haven't seen the car.

On the rust issue: on an a4 and possibly audis in general, rust is NOT an issue. Apart from the few spots on the front of the hood, rust is not a part of my vocabulary as an a4 owner. So you got to give that to the audis. (Don't ask me about those spots on the hood though, I don't know what there doing there on this car otherwise so clean of rust)

That's right, I told you, easy fix and now you feel good again. Gotta keep OPS, CTS, and Fan Switch spares. Should be fine for a long time unless something you've never replaced goes. Search classifieds for cars getting parted out to stock up in garage as backup WHILE your car is running good.

Rust on hood is normal for all cars with age in the New England states. It's due to tiny chips in hood from rocks from highway driving and such. They take paint off and sometimes down to bare metal, exposing it so your harsh winters will rust your hood little by little..

Archived