LegacyGT.com

15% tint - "Radiation shields, Up!"

So, if you wanted to know what 15% ceramic tint looks like in full sunlight...

At night it is dark if no outside light, but very drivable and safe on the streets for night driving.

Might get strange on a dirt road in the middle of a forest with no moon light...:eek:

During the day, it is the right tint for bright SoCal days and freeways.

If they had made a 20% ceramic, that might have been just a little better, but I am happy with the 15%.:)

1504634718_2005LegacyGTLimited-High-Quarter-1s.jpg.a63296e0ddbf67118be1a8aed4d1d5c9.jpg

1750760086_2005LegacyGTLimited-Quarter-1s.jpg.c0928f3f8d589a9f2bb966172b708d6a.jpg

1148802729_2005LegacyGTLimited-Rear-Quarter-1s.jpg.a7ed236ef52d4e88d9659108935ea355.jpg

1378965865_2005LegacyGTLimited-Side-2a-s.jpg.a0b2667a0cc6584517fb4c6f0d3953ca.jpg

I paid $250 - dealer did it.

I like to put my mountain bike in the back, so I wanted it dark.

I can always pay $100 and get the front sides redone at 35%, but the 15% was so nice during the day, and comfortable at night.

Looks Awesome! I had my Saab & Firehawk tinted with 15 & 18 % metallic until I got a ticket in my Saab in a torrential downpour :mad:. I had to pull it off both cars. I'm bummed because my LGT would have looked great with tinted windows.

Yes I knew it was illegal before I tinted them here. It's only recently they are stopping everyone with tinted windows here.

Sure looks good. Very damn good. But God almighty, have mercy and turn LAPD, SFPD, SDPD, CHP away...far away from our friend here...

Dude...I dig the daytime necessity...but at night ? At night it must be super-ultra-mega-über-dark.

If they had made a 20% ceramic, that might have been just a little better, but I am happy with the 15%.:)

I got 20% metallic on all windows except for the back one which I got 20% ceramic on (for radio reception). It does exist. I paid $200 for the whole thing but they said it would have been about $225 for 20% ceramic all the way around.

Chris

I will de-badge it this weekend.

Make it look really clean!

One of those cheep plastic jiggling hula dancing girls mounted on the front dash and a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror and I should be pimped!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

As I said, at night it is not that dark.

Only time it was a little dark, was when there was no outside light present.

On the street, it is great. You lose a little detail, but nothing that would create a problem or be a safety issue.

Looks great. We will see how the Police deal with it.

My business partner has Limo tint - 8% on all sides/rear of his BMW 330ci. Only one fix it ticket. Barrowed a friends BMW 330ci without tint and got it signed off.

I rode in it at night, and it was still livable, but the 15% is better at night.

On my current cars, I have 20% in the back and 35% in the front on my Acura and it looks the same, but on my Lexus, I have 20% in the back and 45% in the front and you can't really tell that my fronts are tinted even at night. Both of my cars has black interior so it does look darker than a lighter interior color. In CA, I believe only 70% is legal in the front and 5% in the back.

I guess I've been lucky. I've been rolling in NY in my MX-6 with 15% for almost 10 years now...I roll down both front windows when I get pulled over. :cool:

They have become anal about in here in Binghamton. Just another way to increase revenues. They make you put the windows up anyway to check it with a tint meter. It doesn't help that I drive by the sheriffs complex 5-10 times a day.

I would have gone darker but with Cali's 15% or so limit (pretty much to factory tint :lol: ) for the front windows, I'm afraid that cops will be concerned here...it's really how much risk you can drive with (i really hate rolling down my windows when there's a cop next to me or coming up :rolleyes: )...but i'm still chancing with the 35% that I have :redface:
In Taiwan now...:spin:

I would have gone darker but with Cali's 15% or so limit (pretty much to factory tint :lol: ) for the front windows, I'm afraid that cops will be concerned here...it's really how much risk you can drive with (i really hate rolling down my windows when there's a cop next to me or coming up :rolleyes: )...but i'm still chancing with the 35% that I have :redface:

Mind if I ask how much your tint job cost ya?

Archived