LegacyGT.com

eBay Invidia knock-off?

Strizzy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WRX-08-09-SRS-3-Iron-Cast-Flange-Divorce-DOWNPIPE-NEW-/360226219567?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53df27e62f

Found this on eBay and was wondering if anyone is running it. Thoughts?

I'm running an Invidia catted at the moment and looking to go catless. I was looking at going with Invidia's catless because it is a divorced flange (slightly quicker spool). I like the price too.

If no one has it yet, I might be the guinea pig for this one. Anyone looking to buy a used Invidia catted dp?

Ok. To each his own.

Be ready to grind it down if it hits your turbo flapper.

Plus, because you dont have a twinscroll or a huge motor and turbo there is no gain to the divorcing plate.

My $0.2.

eBay is great, but I like to support the forum vendors too.

I've got the divorced Invidia catted and had to grind down the divider to fit. I'm hitting my peak boost around 2700-3000 rpm, and I've noticed others without a divorced flange hit peak around 3200 or so.

Again, to eat his own.

Though I do have plans for a larger turbo in a year or so.

That divider does look like it sticks out far enough to hit the flapper, just like the first-generation Invidia parts. Invidia's second-gen bellmouth divider sticks out about half as far (I have one - no interference). You should assume you'll have to trim it to clear.

im with mike, you know that the ERZ/CNT DP is good quality and great fitment and awesome customer service. why risk it on some ebay vendor with a "knock off" ? when you can get the better quality for the same price. id get the divorced style out of your head, you will see no gains or faster spool with the divorced, maybe with a 20g turbo or something but id even doubt it then, until i see a side by side dynos of the same car on the same dyno, on the same day with bellmouth and divorced... just my 2 cents, its your car do what you want.

Archived