LegacyGT.com

Clunk after Clutch

After installing a new clutch, with my car hanging in the air for about 4 days, I get a clunking noise from the front passenger side of the car. It is suspension related, and occurs when the right front tire hits bumps or occasionally when stopping in reverse/shifting. I have a torn lower control arm bushing (The one closes to the rear of the car.) on that size, but it is only partially torn and I feel like the way its torn it would not cause clunking, at least not this loud... Any ideas?

Just dropped my car to have the rear and inside front LCA bushing replaced, with AVO and Whitelines. My car makes the same noise, when the mechanic was bring me home he said the clunking noise may be end links, Subaru's are known for that he said.

He'll let me know tomorrow night when I pick it up. I said if that's what the noise is, I'll buy aftermarket and replace them myself.

I've been on Fred Beans new site checking them out already.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived