LegacyGT.com

Percentage of power sent to rear wheels or front wheels

Hi all,

I have been searching for a % number of power sent to the front or rear wheels. Like when just driving down the road, does like 100% of the power go to the rear wheels or how does it work? I searched like crazy but I guess I don't know the proper term to search for.

I was testing it on the weekend and it was raining but stopped and then smashing the gas down 100%, the first time I tried it, the rear wheels were spinning for a good 5 seconds before the front kicked in and it stopped spinning but the next 5 or so times I did it, only the front wheels would spin for about 2-3 seconds before the rear tires kicked in and it stopped spinning. Also, will it be possible to do doughnuts in snow?

I dunno if it makes a difference but I have a 06 limited 4 speed auto 2.5i

Thanks all for your time

It was just rain and the roads were slippery. The first time I tried it I was able to spin the rear wheels for atleast 5 seconds until I let off the gas but the rest of the times, it was for 3 seconds max before the rear tires started to move so the front would stop spinning.

Also does it have any difference if your in sport mode or not?

Well sport and s# will give you more throttle response and technically put a little more power to the wheels right away when you stomp on it, but you still shouldn't be able to spin the wheels on a straight drive, even in rain. The only time I can get my wheels loose in rain is on turns under acceleration.

What kind of tires and tread life do you have?

It's cool; I'm with the band

I like to play around like that in the dirt. You will see that all 4 spin at the same time. Even in my 00' GT and the 98' GT. All cars are 5 speeds.

IMO on a rain slick road there are still varibles that you can't see. Just be happy that the AWD knows what to do.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just have factory tires but the car is a 06 with less then half the tread life left. I was just testing it out to see what it can do. I finally found a thread that answers everything I asked here and I wish I would have gotten a 5 speed as it seems to be 50/50 however I am happy with my choice of cars but next time if I do go auto, i will make sure it's a 5 speed auto. Thanks all

I just have factory tires but the car is a 06 with less then half the tread life left. I was just testing it out to see what it can do. I finally found a thread that answers everything I asked here and I wish I would have gotten a 5 speed as it seems to be 50/50 however I am happy with my choice of cars but next time if I do go auto, i will make sure it's a 5 speed auto. Thanks all

When guys state that the "5 speed has 50/50 split", they are referring to the manual transmission. All the auto's, regardless of 4A or 5A, have the same 90/10 torque split AWD system. Only the manual transmission cars get the 50/50 AWD.

When guys state that the "5 speed has 50/50 split", they are referring to the manual transmission. All the auto's, regardless of 4A or 5A, have the same 90/10 torque split AWD system. Only the manual transmission cars get the 50/50 AWD.

That is wrong! 5EATs use a 45:55 split.

4EAT: 90:10

5EAT: 45:55

5MT/6MT (Spec.B): 50:50; Speb.B uses a Torsen LSD out back, instead of the viscous found in the 5MT GT.

That is wrong! 5EATs use a 45:55 split.

4EAT: 90:10

5EAT: 45:55

5MT/6MT (Spec.B): 50:50; Speb.B uses a Torsen LSD out back, instead of the viscous found in the 5MT GT.

I stand corrected!:redface:

Great info guys. Thanks again. Weird how it's different per car and transmission type. I say make it all the same and give us the configuration the STI has.

That would be fun. I know I would certainly enjoy it. Although most people would look at it and think, "Hmm, what does all this mean?"

Front LSD and DCCD are the two major points that stand out to me when it comes to drivetrain and power split. Anything else fun, I'd be curious to know too, I'm not overly well versed on the STi.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I've already got a STI front LSD installed. DCCD is next on my driveline mod list. Other than that, I don't really think there is anything more than sets the STI that much apart from the LGT. There is the 6mt, but that's covered with the specB.

Archived