LegacyGT.com

N/A for life external mods.

haha now that i read it myself it is kinda funny. just thinking how that could happen to some noob. im noob but i know my way around enough to know that those dont work. they just tell the car that its getting more air then it really is and it give it more gas. bore wash is a risk

same with some skylines, and alot of Wrx's

that doesnt mean i endorse them =P

I think if you want speed and power like that you should at least match it with a manual transmission to have max control, not slap a turbo to an already lacking automatic transmission and watch it not do what you want it to do even more!

sure after the transmission and turbo lag are over the car will be fast.. but we know the manual would be ahead :p

in the case of a new 2010 legacy, the automatic transmission is probably 90% as good as the manual, but in a dated 1996 where the transmission has a lot of miles, like 60 - 70% maybe,

i guess i need to race some automatic 2nd gens ;)

the svx tranny is the same as the leggies I believe

its just something with the 3.3 was to powerful for it.

alot of people do a 5 speed manual conversion in their svxes, and there a beast.

except the svx is heavier than our 2nd gens by almost a thousand pounds and its a coupe!! history lesson :p

If you can get a turbo in an automatic for low low low price like 800 bucks i would probably do it, but if its gonna cost over a grand it doesnt seem worth it to me.

svxs would eat through trannys like...umm...I can't think of one. an eating contest? shut up, I'm tired, I was messing w cad last night then the gf came over.

isn't the first gen wrx in the states known for having a "glass" transmission or something?

people would make fun of the car

Do what you want to your car, for your enjoyment.

If anyone has a problem with that, tell them to eat one.

If you'd have more fun with your car more at 5 or 6 psi and 200 hp, why worry what anyone else thinks?

isn't the first gen wrx in the states known for having a "glass" transmission or something?

The reputation for that is overblown. I've owned a bugeye, as have many of my friends and the only tranny that failed was someone who had rallycrossed the car and been to track days 30+ times.

Do what you want to your car, for your enjoyment.

If anyone has a problem with that, tell them to eat one.

If you'd have more fun with your car more at 5 or 6 psi and 200 hp, why worry what anyone else thinks?

I wish I knew what I needed to do a turbo :( That would be sweet!

They are known by some as a "Glass Box." They got that name because they don't like being "shocked." Such as glass will break if you shock it too hard.

I traded in my 02 wrx with 120K. The transmission was very smooth. All synchros still working correctly, no grinding. If you take the time to actually learn how to be smooth with your shifts it will be no problem. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

ok sounds good, not that i'd be getting a bugeye anytime soon, but good to know. five speed swap, here I come! in, er, ten years? when I'm out of college and have plenty of time and cash to put into something? :)

Archived