LegacyGT.com

Got a little crazy with some carbon fiber wrap!

How much faster is the car now ?

Does it drive better ?

Sorry not my cup of tea.

BTW, like the exhaust tips.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^^^^^It equates out like this; 1 cubic inch of the carbon fiber vinyl wrap is = to 1 hp, I put like 2 cubic feet worth of this sh^t in my car so I'm up like 24 whp right now. I'm thinkin put like 5 more feet in and I'm fast as hell.

Definetly has some rice feel to it, but I guess that's more my style just as long as it is somewhat classy.

The exhaust was retardly pricey, but the sound of the AVO mufflers I love. Very quiet at idle, but opens up just perfectly at higher RPM's.

just wondering..did you remove the dash pieces to do that or leave those in place?? i like this enough that did a little research and found a carbon fiber fabric..it has a nice matte finish, but its actually textured..the stuff looks good, but itd be much easier installing it with the trim removed..i was told before that the door handle surround vent surrounds, and cubby surrounds arent removable unless you break them..?

lo, thats my problem..i really like my titanium finish on the center stack, doors and radio surround..i even ordered a titanium/leather steering wheel to match..i want to do the center cubby surround, dash vent surrounds, door handle surrounds...those are the areas left blank by factory...wondering how hard this stuff would be applying if i leave the trim pieces in place?? any insight would be helpful..if it easy enough to use that i can just place over and cut out with a utility knife, then im thinkin of trying this, if i mess up it peels right off right?? i can be too paranoid sometimes..it took me a week talking myself into getting my headlights cleared..

All I did was place it over the cubby and trim and then cut with a xacto knife, just take your time, the stuff I got I could pull up and replace a bunch of times. It really only stuck well when I applied the heat gun to it. The hardest part is going to be where the actual vents are, the edge of the trim is rounded so it can be a little tricky to get the edge cut striaght.

If you mess up it peels right off no problems.

IMO it is better to be paranoid about things like that. The fear of messing something up that its very expensive is a great motivator to take your time and do it right!

thanks..ordering some now..on ebay, 3M wrap..2ftx4ft for $50..not too shabby..in your opinion..are you happy with this kit say versus a carbon fiber dash kit?? i thought about that route, but itll be like $200!! this 3m stuff looks great and the price is awesome..

I feel like for the amount of money I spent it is a great improvement. My car is a 2005 and some of the wood seemed a little faded. I would gladly have a real carbon interior over this, but I was really more interested in covering the chrome on the rear and used the rest as an experiment. All and all the experiment came out well to me.

i think it did..did a very good job imo..just got home from work..i ordered the sheet for $50..i would imagine 2ftx 4ft will be plenty unless i mess up alot..plan taking my good ol time though..thanks for the info and post..never knew about this stuff if it werent for reading..i think itll look good in my car with the black interior and titanium trim..ill post pics once installed...

SWEET!! im pumped to do mine..MY WRAP came today, but the cars in the upholstery shop having the new katzkins installed..i got stuff coming everyday for my ol girl and no car to put it on...i cant take, wonder if they mind me installing some stuff while they work?? lol anyhow, the cars looking good..NICE JOB! by the way..did you remove the door handle pull to wrap? i was told to grab and pull hard, but that didnt give me any results..im not breaking the thing..thanks!

I did remove them, just stick a flatheaded screwdriver in the top to give it a little leverage an pull, they'll pop out, but it is a little unnerving :lol:

lol unnerving, yup! is it just a cover that comes off then? ill try your technique..these forums can be so helpful..i wish i could go out and start now..my car cant get here soon enough..ty for the tip:)

• 3 months later...
Yo Doc.........Did the radio/center controls "wings" just pop off or do you need to unscrew anything? I am doing some interior parts in flat black vinyl due to some cosmetic spots I want to cover. I plan on lightly sanding some of the cracked and chipped paint and wrapping it.

nope....not sure what who made it but my buddy had some extra flat black vinyl he gave me to experiment with. Since I have some paint chipping off the radio trim "wings" running down the center dash I figured I would warp one and see how it looks vs sanding the whole length of each piece and painting them

Archived