LegacyGT.com

Car wont start.. help

Drove the car the other morning got home then went out to start after about 30min and it wont start. The starter is making no noise nor os the motor turning over at all. Im using the same key I always use and I am fully compressing the clutch. Any ideas??????????

Do you have any lights? If so, leave the door open when you start the car. If the interior light goes off when starting you battery is dead. Check your cables too - might have a bad connection.

could be your clutch position sensor. mine did a similiar thing after a 4 hour drive, i parked it went back out to move it and got nothing.

if that's what it is you'll have to have it flat bedded somewhere.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

This just happen to me last week. Like devobuzz said, start with the battery, check voltage & connections. If ok, then check the starter fuse (if using a test light, power only goes the the fuse when key is turn to the "start") . If that's ok move the top clutch peddle switch. Unplug the 2 wire plug from the back of the switch. Run a jumper wire between the to wires in the plug. Put car in neutral and try to start your car. This work for me & because it happen over a weekend. I hooked up a toggle switch so I can start my car for now.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived