LegacyGT.com

jouncing bc racing coilovers

johnboi85

ok i have a problem w/ my coilovers for my legacy gt. i am applying for a permit to modify my car here in hawaii. its called a recon permit. its basically a test to see if your vehicle is safe after the modifications are on. i failed :lol:. the only failure was for my front suspension. it was not able to jounce on a bounce test. i have them set to a reasonable height and at full soft, but even then it will not budge by pressing down on the fender. the back at full soft passed with a 1/2 jounce. is anyone elses bc racing coilovers on the front the same as mine?

Ahhh recon. I remember those days. RECON is an SOB. Back in the day i had a 97 integra with eibachs. I jouned my car for them so they wouldn't put a dent anywhere, plus they're kinda weak. As for the BCs, I don't think you'll pass. Sorry.

What you need to do is make your car look almost stock and hope the cops overlook you. If you have other mods (Intake/DP/exhaust) then i guess you'll have to get recon in order to get safety inspection stickers (unless you got a hookup for that). So what I would propose is....

Find a buddy with Spec B struts and even better, aftermarket springs and install those, bring it to recon and list it as BC coils, get your RECON then go back to your original setup.

or, this one is more crazy/ghetto but it's what we did back in the day ...

Spraypaint your springs on your stock suspension maybe even your stock struts too, list it as BCs, get your RECON, then go back to your original setup.

All of the above is assuming you already have a recent alignment spec sheet for them too.

RECON is hard man, you'll have to play the system a bit if you really want to get it. When i brought my integra they said my STOCK spoiler brake light was not 'SAE' certifiied and told me to come back next time. I ended up taking the light out going back, getting my RECON and reconnecting my light. Talk about a PITA.

GL

Archived