LegacyGT.com

04 STI Springs

There is a U-Pull-It in Sherwood off 99W, and another one of 111th in Portland. The Sherwood number is (503)625-6141. I don't know the Portland one but I'm sure you can find it. They inventory every car so you can call and ask them what they have and they will let you know. Plus when you go there they give you a paper with the location of the cars you want to look at, it saves a ton of time.

They change the name of that place all the time. I went there in August 09 and it LQV or something like that haha.

Just call them once a week because they get a lot of cars in every week. Also check ebay I'm sure you can find the tophats on there for a good deal.

I need more info on the 04 WRX Springs and what I need to get them to work as far as top hats. I keep getting confused reading things on SL-I.net.

I found someone talking about top hats needed in the back and some say you don't and then others say you need spring perches for the front.

Well problem is I can get a strut but it will cost me 80 bucks because its the ONLY ONE in my area out of 200 miles. And I plan on getting it before someone else does. I wanted answers so I pushed so I didn't drive 300 miles round trip to need more. At that point I would drive the car off a cliff.

Going to install it tomorrow. Got 2 top hats for the front and 2 Impreza Spring Perches got them for 20 bucks. My last question would be do I reuse my dust boot and stopper from my current struts on the WRX struts?

And the rubber stopper I saw on a video is that okay to reuse as well? I saw no harm in the dust boot as well just making sure. Never done anything with suspension before.

Or its called a compression bumper? lol Not sure where I am at now

Yeah I have no idea I saw a video on how to replace struts but it looked like it was from the early 90's. Talked about a compression bumper that goes on the top of the strut right before the perch/top hat.

So I installed them. I believe the right front is blown. It was the last strut I put on. That pisses me off and the legacy spring perches didn't work I had to use the impreza ones.

I tried to not use a perch and just use the top hat for the right front and it makes a popping noising at certain times.

Also it made my Tie rod make MUCH more noise now.

But overall it handles MUCH better. Now time to find a sway bar from an outback.

Archived