LegacyGT.com

Feeler - SLC area Subaru owners who want help installing/tuning.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got my tune all dialed in. It took a little longer than either myself or Logan would have liked, but I couldn't be happier with where we wound up. Most of the delays were due to my scheduling so he can't be blamed for that. Car has far more power and the curve is so much smoother than before. He did a great job on the install as well. We learned a lot as we went, and like I said I'm loving it now. Logan will definitely do whatever takes to make you happy, he was totally patient with me, taught me as we went, and didn't quit until I was totally satisfied. His rates are very reasonable as well. If anyone has questions for me about his process or anything like that, feel free to ask here or PM me.

Will update my feedback later but wanted to quickly post that logan is the real deal. Takes plenty of time to explain, in detail and help you understand the process. Pricing was excellent and he was able to work around my schedule. Definitely a great guy and tuner. Thanks Logan!

Although I didn't have him tune my car today, Logan did a baseline reading with me, showed me all his programs, various maps of our cars stock vs. his upgrades, and explained everything really well. He's friendly and knowledgeable, and will help as much as he can to make you happy.

Thanks man, i'll be in touch soon

• 2 weeks later...

THE DYNO BELOW IS OF A STOCK 06 LTG 5M VS. MY CURRENT TUNE 06 LGT 5M. SAME ROAD, 3RD GEAR PULL.

Lol is that my pull with knock that we took? Definitely looking forward to getting that fixed out tomorrow

Ha, yeah, you caught me. I couldn't find my original pull, plus I know I used the same parameters as my current numbers. Look at around 3,700RPM about 80 extra tq on my tune. Not bad, eh? We won't those same numbers on a stage 1 tune, but I finished a nice base "stage 1" map to start from. You'll be happy, once we're finished.

Ha, yeah, you caught me. I couldn't find my original pull, plus I know I used the same parameters as my current numbers. Look at around 3,700RPM about 80 extra tq on my tune. Not bad, eh? We won't those same numbers on a stage 1 tune, but I finished a nice base "stage 1" map to start from. You'll be happy, once we're finished.

I can see how someone who just reads the numbers on the graph will disagree with that number, but if you can actually read a line graph... Well, it's true, at that point in the powerband :spin:

Also, yeah I'm not expecting that much of a gain. TBH, i'm equally looking forward to getting the engine running smoother :D

Yeah, it's not too hard to see though. Your dark blue line is at about 180tq at that point, where as my lighter blue line is at 260tq at the same RPM. Don't worry though, tq really jumps up, even at stage 1. I'm excited for you! You're going to love it!

No worries. Out of curiosity, I looked at the two in Airboy's spreadsheet, where I can pin point numbers at various ranges; here's the data:

3,687 RPM 176.6 TQ STOCK

3,706 RPM 258.8 TQ STAGE 2 OS TUNE

total difference: 82.2 TQ...pretty close guess!

Here is optyks's stage 1 numbers. The road we used, for both stock and stage 1 pulls is pretty choppy and bumpy, but fairly flat. (hence the dyno bumps since we're road tuning and not on a dyno with rollers ;)) Pretty good gains and faster times, considering the altitude. The tq really feels strong, compared to stock. Here is the dyno, both with a smoothing of 4. Also his learning view.

Keep in mind, because of the altitude his stock boost was only hitting 11 psi, in 3rd gear. With stage 1 he hit 13.5 psi. I'm going to re-check his tune in about a week, so it has time to learn, and do another pull. Car only had about 10 min. with the current map when the pull was done. However, it only took a block or so for his IAM to hit 1.

1189558812_LearningView_SS_5-29-201021730PM.jpg.eb891cace106faf314ab298e2937be7c.jpg

1116006933_stage1vsstockdyno.png.2acbc2141b67541d81f5dc8b3fd5336a.png

Wish the airboy spreadsheet would report my times and power numbers accurately, damn 5EAT...

well, you're stage 2 and making more boost, so that should help you feel better :).

Romraider has a beta version, which I just downloaded, and it is suppose to have a new feature to measure HP and TQ and some other parameters. I'm going to do some experimenting with it and see if I can figure it out. When I do, we can check your car out.

Archived