LegacyGT.com

Need Help! Stripped allen head on strut!

spartan

I am trying to fix a clunk that I am getting with by recently installed bilstein/ rallitek combo. I removed the strut, put on the spring compressor, but the top hat bolt is on redonkulous tight. I had the pass through socket and allen wrench on it and couldn't get it to move... until I stripped the allen head on the strut!!! Is there any way to remove the top hat nut without using the allen head? I even tried putting in back on the car and just using a breaker bar and socket, but it is just spinning the shaft. Any help would be appreciated ASAP.

Thanks,

Travis

What kind of clamp would you suggest using? I have the squeezable hand clamps with rubber grips or vice grips. Also would you suggest I try it with the strut still on the car or off?

Edit: I got the nut off with my impact wrench. Hopefully I don't have to take them apart again!

I've always had good luck using an impact gun on the strut top bolts.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived