LegacyGT.com

Rear Bushings?

GTLEGACY007

As almost the first thing I did to my car, I replaced the stock, sloppy throw shifter with a kartboy short-throw, and threw on new kartboy front bushing as well. The majority of the sloppiness in the shifts are gone, but I feel it's still not as tight as i'd like it. I still some times struggle to find gears, and the overall shift just doesn't fell as nice as some cars i've driven. I did not replace the rear bushings when I did the install, would this help at all? Or could switching to a different type of short throw, Cobb maybe, help? Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm not kidding when I say this: drain and re-fill your trans fluid with either:

1. Subaru Extra-S

2. AMSOIL Severe Gear 75w110

I've used both, prefer the latter slightly. You'll get a much more "glide" like feeling into gears. The linkage itself won't get any tighter or looser feeling though.

Check out turn-in concepts (TiC)....they have a Holy Shift Kit that it pretty comprehensive.

Yes the rear bushing will help shifter feel. TIC also offers sleeve bushings for the linkage under the car as well as the pivot linkage in the car. I would recommend both of these plus a tranny change with Extra-S and for lubricant I use prothane grease from Jegs. Very sticky stuff and its water proof.

Awesome, thanks for the link. Plan from here on out is to replace tranny fluid, add rear bushings, and Group N Trans Crossmember Bushings and Trans Mount. Will report back how all of these affect overall shift feel.

When I had this combo ^ the shifting was vastly improved. Now that I've added the GroupN pitch stopper, engine mounts, and upgraded the clutch (WRX FW/ACT clutch) things are a little too harsh although still very precise. I think your plan is the perfect balance of both worlds.

Let me know if there is any way we can help. :)

-Rick

When I had this combo ^ the shifting was vastly improved. Now that I've added the GroupN pitch stopper, engine mounts, and upgraded the clutch (WRX FW/ACT clutch) things are a little too harsh although still very precise. I think your plan is the perfect balance of both worlds.

Let me know if there is any way we can help. :)

-Rick

Very encouraging to hear. Do you guys carry all of these parts?

Very encouraging to hear. Do you guys carry all of these parts?

We sure do. Send me a PM with your zip code and I will get a shipped quote over to you ASAP.

To clarify, you are looking for:

-Subaru Extra-S gear oil (5qt.)

-GroupN 5MT mount

-Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing (or "Stay")

-GroupN Transmission Crossmember Bushings

Is that it?

Thanks,

Rick

We sure do. Send me a PM with your zip code and I will get a shipped quote over to you ASAP.

To clarify, you are looking for:

-Subaru Extra-S gear oil (5qt.)

-GroupN 5MT mount

-Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing (or "Stay")

-GroupN Transmission Crossmember Bushings

Is that it?

Thanks,

Rick

PM sent. For some reason it's not showing up in my "sent" pm box. Please let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hi Folks, sorry to revive this thread... Is there a significant difference between the GroupN and Kartboy rear shifter bushing?

I'm looking at doing pretty much what's outlined above.

Comments appreciated!

Archived