LegacyGT.com

S. NJ 1991 legacy turbo whole parts car.

So would I be correct in assuming that if I took the heads off my 92 non-turbo and put them off this the compression ratio would remain the same?

It is my understanding that the EJ22T had different shaped pistons, reducing the compression ratio for the turbo and that the heads are the same. Is this correct? Are the cams the same also?

My heads are in great shape. No valve tick and no worn valve guides. If I bought this car and switched my heads onto it all should be good correct?

my bet is the heads are almost the same, the way they flow are identical too, the only thing with the NA heads is that u lost the nipples for oil feed and return...

shoot me an reasonable offer, i'm willing to negotiate..

no, i don't think is destroyed at all, it's smoking from the engine bay, maybe is just the seals or the gasket... if i don't get it sold in two weeks i'll be installing a tdo4 with tmic... just to drive eround.

• 2 weeks later...

is it still for sale. would have to come see it. sounds like one I would like to see.

that said the ticking is not usually a killer in a high mileage car like this. yes the valve cover gaskets go bad and leak. how is the automatic trany doing. it did shift and not slip correct?

this would get an SS automatic running again.

let me know and I will get back to you asap.

be well and have a good week. Bepa

hey Bepa, yes i still have the car up for sale, i was going to sell it today actually but something happens and wasn't possible for me, if the guy still want it he gotta wait till wed, but if someone else bring the cash i'm asking for, then well!!

the tranny work just fine, i'm not an automatic guy, all my life been driving stick shift since i learned to drive in a 5spd car.

car runs good, like i said, need a turbo with good seals and some love, but it's still in great shape.. a good start definitely..

I am interested. that said I have court date on tuesday. that will tell what I can do next.

do not wish to jump the line. depending on price I would be able to tell you more after seeing it.

I hav e a 5 mt SS right now that needs a little TLC. no blinkers working. have a good clutch (fresh one) and most of the parts are good or better.

but my goal is to put the automatic one back to driving condition. it needs to run and drive again.

let me know if the other person comes though or not. seeing how I have 4 subies at this time I can wait a few days.

be well and good luck. Bepa

trip to doctor, clinilic and ER.

was not for me. that one is tuesday. I am working till 4 p.m. saturday and return to work for the midnight. if you read this before then let me know. if okay with you would like to see car on sunday or monday. sunday maybe better on a count of the traffic this weekend.

hope all is well, bepa

p.s. will send # if this weekend is okay by you

Archived