LegacyGT.com

$200 Sedan

So my friend and I found a 93 sedan for $200. It's primered and has a fender that needs replaced, but other than that the shell is great. It comes with some ridiculous and blingin 17" rims. Those can be replaced lol

So the engine is the issue. It wont crank over. There's no radiator at the moment cause the kid cut the hoses for some reason, but its in the garage. It's an auto so when you start it up it spews out transmission fluid so at least that works. The fuel pump is priming so that's good too. 2 of the spark plug wires are cooked. The other two are ok, I suppose. The coil pack must be going bad cause it only fires on cylinder two from what I can remember. We couldnt get it to turn over, but it was trying which gives me hope.

Now the problem is that when we did get it to finally turn a couple times (not completely start up) it shot oil through the throttle body and all the way through the air intake tube back through the MAF sensor and out of the air filter. It was smoking out of the air filter (yes, he took the box off and replaced it with a cone filter) and at first I thought it was MAF going, but when we took the intake off we found a good amount of oil up through there.

First off, does anyone know the cause of this?

Do you think it'd fire if we replaced the wires, coil pack, spark plugs, radiator and transmission fluid?

Parting out? This "Wagon" You speak of is an automatic 4WD I hope? I'll strip that thing bare!

PM me if your serious.

And check the oil level. It might be WAY overfilled.

If it turns over those things would certainly help make it fire. Maybe a fuel filter while your at it.

Archived