LegacyGT.com

NooOoB question about OpenPort 2.0

Dntk

Ok with the help of the members on this site i'll be going to stage two soon (waiting on parts to arrive) now being the smart guy that i am (<<---meaning i can read what people tell me to do and follow instructions) i'll need a good tune so not to blow up my engine, so since im stationed in germany opensource tuning is my best option, so now i need a Tactrix Openport 2.0 thingy right? along with that will i need a re-flash connector? currently the Tactrix site has 2 for the WRX (2003-2005, and 2001-2002) and 1 for Mitsubishi, and if so, what one will i need? and is there anything else i should know/get to go with it, or any tips/tricks i should know. Thanks again in advance!

You don't need a reflash connector. In fact, I think on the 09's you don't even need to put them into test mode to do a flash. I could be wrong, though. I haven't flashed anything that new. :lol: I'd highly recommend a wideband O2 sensor if you are serious about tuning :)

ok, so i dont need either and just the opensource 2.0 thingy then :D I'm going to purchase an Infamous1 tune and according to his threads he doesn't require a wideband O2 for my minor upgrades, but perhaps when i get back from deployment and i have some extra cash we can move it further >:) but just to clerify i dont need any connectors, just the opensource 2.0 thing for 170$ish off the tactrix site? the only reason im slightly confused is when i research this everyone refers to a 2.0 "cable" and when i look at the opensource 2.0 it looks more like a little box to me and im trying to make sure i buy the right thing.

ok, so i dont need either and just the opensource 2.0 thingy then :D I'm going to purchase an Infamous1 tune and according to his threads he doesn't require a wideband O2 for my minor upgrades, but perhaps when i get back from deployment and i have some extra cash we can move it further >:) but just to clerify i dont need any connectors, just the opensource 2.0 thing for 170$ish off the tactrix site? the only reason im slightly confused is when i research this everyone refers to a 2.0 "cable" and when i look at the opensource 2.0 it looks more like a little box to me and im trying to make sure i buy the right thing.

That's right, you just need the Openport 2.0 that's about $170. You'll see a lot of people refer to it as a "cable" because the previous version was a cable with the necessary connectors at both ends. The 2.0 version is now the box you see with an OBDII connector on one end and a USB port on the other side to plug into a computer through a USB cable.

Archived