LegacyGT.com

CNT Racing exhaust idea your input wanted

ERZperformance

Some thing that sits higher up to the chassis and to the bumper. Full 3 inch from the downpipe back to the Y pipe where it goes to 2.5 inch to the cans.

I only say this cause I scrap my mid and Y pip every so often and would prefer something that sat up to the bottom of the car more then what I have.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what I want:

3", with resonator to the Y's. I want a flex-joint at the DP mounting flange, so that you don't have to use a donut gasket. Flex sections are for more than pipes that "dont fit".

I want a V-band joint right behind the diff. That way you can have a 2.5" Y-pipe, or make a 3" single-side exhaust connect to the same location on the midpipe. Not really a big deal, but kind of a neat thought and would make this truly modular.

The Y's should be 2.5".

Mufflers can obviously be different for different applications. Personally, I want a rolled-lip, with turn-down tips for my Outback. AVO is the only one who makes a muffler for this thing, and that kind of stinks. Blue tips would be fine, since they are tucked away. I would kind of like it, actually.

If you WANTED, you could just make the whole thing modular. Have a V-band on the back of the muffler, so everyone can select their own tip and you don't have to manufacture 5 different mufflers.

Same with the connecton between the diff and the Y pipe. Heck, you could even have the flex-section bolt together, so if the flex wears through or someone doesn't want it.

Just some thoughts.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

PacMan does not talk. Only on the cartoon. Sorry, its an age thing.

Back on topic. A new CBE. Heres the issue...

In order to justify the expense of R&D and tooling the factory for production (fixtures made) the first order would have to be for 100 units. That means that CNT has to sell 100 CBE's just to break even. Real profit starts after that. It worked on downpipes. But, there is great trepidation that it will not work with a CBE.

No one can agree on what they would want, how is a manufacturer going to feel confident about selling 100 units for a car out of production? I think with all the varying ideas, this sank to the grave.

I originally told them to produce a quad tip CBE and I could sell the hell out of it. Make it fit, unlike the Invidia and get it in my hands before Invidia made theirs fit (V3 and it still does not fit, lol). Then make the price $500, not $800. Next thing I knew, this thread opened and the chance of getting a decent quad tip at a good price died.

Consensus kills so many products, GB's, and member meets it is crazy.

Sorry guys, I have been working on a lot of projects recently,but I have spoke with TSUDO they are considering on releasing a exhaust for the 05-09 and 2010 legacy

My latest project for the Subaru Legacy is a EWG up pipe. here is a picture

http://www.cntracing.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Up-44MM-2.jpg

Slash cut the dump tube. It gets tight between the downpipe and tranny. If the buyer is going to extend the tube down below the car and into the DP, the slash will not make it any harder. But if going atmosphere, it will help fit. Plus it looks cool.

I use a 38mm v-band EWG now (Grimmspeed). I can do a comparison test of your pipe and theirs for you.

Isn't that from Altered Beast???

Ding ding ding, we have a winnar!

In order to justify the expense of R&D and tooling the factory for production (fixtures made) the first order would have to be for 100 units. That means that CNT has to sell 100 CBE's just to break even. Real profit starts after that. It worked on downpipes. But, there is great trepidation that it will not work with a CBE.

No one can agree on what they would want, how is a manufacturer going to feel confident about selling 100 units for a car out of production? I think with all the varying ideas, this sank to the grave.

I originally told them to produce a quad tip CBE and I could sell the hell out of it. Make it fit, unlike the Invidia and get it in my hands before Invidia made theirs fit (V3 and it still does not fit, lol). Then make the price $500, not $800. Next thing I knew, this thread opened and the chance of getting a decent quad tip at a good price died.

Consensus kills so many products, GB's, and member meets it is crazy.

i would def buy one if it was quad tip, and fit like a glove, for $500 price!

OO OO OO....WHAT DID I WIN??!?!?! LOL. I used to love playing that game, and Road Rash series as well....and who could forget GOLDEN AXE. Ok, I'm done. The $500 price range, if doable would be perfect!!! I really don't want to resort to a fleabay exhaust. (Have a 7 month old..damn, babies are expensive!!)

• 3 weeks later...
Since I'm fairly new to the forum. How many of these topics have caused manufacturers to get scared off and run for the hills?? It just sucks that there's continuing aftermarket support for even older WRXs. I understand that the Legacy is a sport sedan that is aimed towards a more mature crowd, but still....With the same platform under the hood as WRXs and STi's you'd think that there would be a little more aftermarket support in certain vehicle specific areas. On the flipside, I realize this body style is a dying breed.

Why does this thread live on? The CBE idea is dead. It is not going forward. An EWG uppipe was put into R&D instead.

If I could have 20+ buyers all agree on the exact same thing, I could get it made for you. But that is about it.

Archived