LegacyGT.com

KATZKIN Leather

thanks for all the info..we will see how this one turns out...anyone know of a good place to take if i cant get this done on my own?? like i said the dealer here said theyd tackle it, but have never done them before..keep yuns posted..i know it will be worth it though..unreal how easy the two tone cloth stains in my car..just water drops do the trick..thanks again!!
Any automotive upholstery shop. They aren't necessarily listed as Katzkin dealers.

It's been nearly a day-long job for both cars. The labor has been around $3-400 at a shopfor labor. The leather tightens up over time.

Our 2006 OBW with graphite inserts in black.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/824353007_NXJgG-L.jpg

This isn't my WRX but I got the exact same seats - drak graphite with red stitching - as this one (but without the blue shift boot etc).

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo42/Calle906/007.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for those who have it (and not the company as I kinda know what they are going to say for me to buy but...) how does the stitching hold up? No tears nor anything?

Also considering Classic Soft Trim but Katzkins has more options/name recognition.

I buy 2-4 sets of katzkins per year for a customer or for a friend....they are one of the most professional vendors I've ever dealt with.

I did notice you didn't mention the PHONE.....the internet is killing the art of picking up the phone....

I'm not bashing you.....in the future consider the phone.

I have participated in many different car projects w/ them and it has run from $1200 for a Dodge Caliber installed....to around $2200 for a new Challenger install w/ tons of lettering and special color choices.

It's less money than most folks think....

this is why i chose adding katzkin leather versus just buying legacy leather seats..cost is less great and the quality actually seems better..no i havent picked up the phone..the number provided is a CA number, i live in pa..call me cheap, but i figured a simple email would be sufficient..after emailing 3x, still no answer back..i tried customer service and the northeast region person, and filled out their form for installer locator on their site..anyhow ill take er to a local upholstery shop, theyll at least be able to do better than me...:)

Question for those who have it (and not the company as I kinda know what they are going to say for me to buy but...) how does the stitching hold up? No tears nor anything?

Also considering Classic Soft Trim but Katzkins has more options/name recognition.

I can't attest to longevity because I sold both of my cars not long after installing the Katzkins in them, but the stitching is strong. I never had a problem with the seams during installs (which involve pulling the material which really tests the seams) nor during normal wear.

I'd be curious to know how much it cost for the leather + install. I kind of want to do this to my wife's Impreza.
I paid $1,350 for the kit with two-tone stitching and installation. The 2006 was $1,100.

Here's the WRX.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/848235842_c2MXV-L.jpg

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/848235929_fxpVk-L.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

^^^turned out very nice!! since i got my kit on ebay, i didnt have the stitching option..would of been nice, but i only paid 250 for a new set with shipping..the all black leather will look sweet..havent got my leather yet..cant wait to see it installed..

^^^turned out very nice!! since i got my kit on ebay, i didnt have the stitching option..would of been nice, but i only paid 250 for a new set with shipping..the all black leather will look sweet..havent got my leather yet..cant wait to see it installed..

Is it an used set? $250 for a set is ridiculously low price! :eek:

no..this set is brand new!! bought for a legacy and sold before installed..i couldnt believe the price..the set is like$700 from katzkin..its just solid black, nothing fancy, but its still katzkin leather..i couldnt pass the deal up, i couldnt believe i was the only one to bid on the set, it doesnt have the door inserts, just the front and rear seats..im waiting right now for an estimate from a local upholstery shop..ill post pics as soon as i get them on...ebay has a TAN KATZKIN SET RIGHT NOW FOR $200!!

no..this set is brand new!! bought for a legacy and sold before installed..i couldnt believe the price..the set is like$700 from katzkin..its just solid black, nothing fancy, but its still katzkin leather..i couldnt pass the deal up, i couldnt believe i was the only one to bid on the set, it doesnt have the door inserts, just the front and rear seats..im waiting right now for an estimate from a local upholstery shop..ill post pics as soon as i get them on...ebay has a TAN KATZKIN SET RIGHT NOW FOR $200!!

Can you check the left side of the upper portion of the passenger seat? I want to know whether there is a hole in that side for a lumbar support lever (which my non-limited does not have). If there is no hole, I might wind up buying these myself.

Looking at the pics, i do not see any holes on the side of the pass seat..ill let you know for sure once they come..i looked up the pattern code on their site and these are perfect match to my car..gl with your search, id be hard pressed to pay retail for these, ebay also has katzkin covers for $645, still cheaper than retail..

WELL..got call from upholstery shop..guy said he does a ton of these installs..said he needs two days to get the job done right, for a grand total of $250-$300...now i realize i could still try and do this myself, but im thrilled with that price..it goes in next week to get done..i hate rushing time away, but im like a kid in the candy store!! post pics next week, along with my new steering wheel and trim pieces..

In 08, I purchased an 03 WRX that had dealer installed katzkin. I was impressed with the look and they have held up extremely well over the years. No stitching issues, no problems at all actually.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_zSPRz-u1fMo/R5pl3kDFYAI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/0hi3nbcriG0/s800/IMG_0419.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AZGpEtRNPZ1QpV12WzCHTd9jfxgcCSLzcv6rqfUrPwM?feat=directlink

^^another sweet example..i really like the subtle white colored stiching too, adds a touch of class^^i cant wait to get mine put in...might sound like a dumb question, but how does the leather smell?? theres something about getting into a car with that rich nice leather scent that i like..my wifes malibu ltz still has that nice leather smell to it..a guy told me that his katzkin he had installed in his GTI smelled soo good..lol some people like the smell of pies, but give me some leather or rubber i guess..something ill never get to smell in my subie..

That stitching is actually a light blue. I'm assuming it is the same color that was used in the 'WRX' stitching on the seats. There is not much leather smell in this car. Maybe a bit after it has been cleaned, but I am guessing that is mostly leather cleaner smell. Good luck with your Katzkin!

WELL..got call from upholstery shop..guy said he does a ton of these installs..said he needs two days to get the job done right, for a grand total of $250-$300...now i realize i could still try and do this myself, but im thrilled with that price..it goes in next week to get done..i hate rushing time away, but im like a kid in the candy store!! post pics next week, along with my new steering wheel and trim pieces..

That's a good price. I can do it myself and I'd consider paying someone $250 to do it for me. Good luck.

just an fyi the ebay kits are for se style seats, the gt has a different style seat.

look at this car fs http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2868177&postcount=1

look at the seats, although he has a gt hes using the se style leather, the shoulders are different.

Its a subtle difference but one that may or may not bug you.

just wanted to give you guys an fyi.

just an fyi the ebay kits are for se style seats, the gt has a different style seat.

look at this car fs http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2868177&postcount=1

look at the seats, although he has a gt hes using the se style leather, the shoulders are different.

I've got a 2005 parts list, and it differentiates between motorized and manual front seat backs and covers, but not between GT and non-GT.

my cars not a gt, the leather i ordered is a match for my car, also ebay does have katzkins to fit not only 2.5is but outback xts also...thanks for the heads up though, pic doesnt look too bad imo...i could deal with that, but hopefully mine will fit a little better..time will tell

update here..my subie goes in the shop next wed to have the leather installed..im also having the center arm rest wrapped in black leather with light gray stitching added...then on the headrests, they gonna match the gray stitching with "legacy" on each headrest..i cannot wait to post pics and get er back!!!

Archived