LegacyGT.com

Crawford AOS install/review thread.

ok, that is in the throttle body, I'm looking for the one (check valve) on the intake tube to the turbo, where the large hose of the PCV connect.

this is the photo with the valve already removed. Just follow that hose that I highlighted on post #171

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.9f5a27b84fe4c7f66eeb61db2a423780.jpg

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the bottom pic, the left pic, the hose going to the left is what it's going to the pcv you pictured. I was looking for a picture ov the hose going to the other part, the white looking part.

Here it is Leo.....

Most of the WRX details are similar.

A couple of details that are different from the WRX instructions. Photos #1-#4 are the check valve, PCV valve and the OEM fitting removals and replacements. The next are photos #3-#4.

Attached Thumbnailshttp://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83957&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1272243312 http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83960&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1272244178

Last edited by eL GaTo; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.

on the bottom pic, the left pic, the hose going to the left is what it's going to the pcv you pictured. I was looking for a picture ov the hose going to the other part, the white looking part.

Leo, the hose going straight up and making a 90 deg to the right is the electronic check valve. That check valve stays, just carefully pull out the hose only and leave the check valve connected. That is the one that you plug with the black rubber cap from Crawford.

• 2 weeks later...
Drew888 brought his Sepc B (looked amazing BTW) by on Wednesday and we documented and photo'd the install start to finish. He's working on the photos, and I'll have the write up done soon. Should answer most everyone's questions and be about as straight-forward as we can possibly make it!

Looking forward to it. I was sorta waiting on this because I like to do things by the book. Usually no problems that way.

I drive my car daily and cant afford any problems. With all the mods on my car you will understand why I need to 100 percent sure I have everything right.

Looking forward to it. I was sorta waiting on this because I like to do things by the book. Usually no problems that way.

I drive my car daily and cant afford and problems. With all the mods on my car you will understand why I need to 100 percent sure I have everything right.

Great! I hope it helps everyone.

I need to thank Brad and Crawford Performance for being so accommodating, customer service at its very best!

I showed up at 3pm and they were ready for me from the moment I got there. After a brief examination they agreed that my idea of keeping the stock location and fabbing a relocation bracket would be the easiest way to go. Within minutes we had a bracket in hand and it came out very nice. On a side note, I am very pleased with this AOS. I am now absolutely certain it does as advertised. As some of you may know from my others posts my car is using 1qt/1k mi and smokes badly when under load over 5k rpm. I have to check my oil every 3 days because of this and so far I'm on day 5 and can only detect a slight loss (maybe a 1/4qt or less) whereas before I'd be adding a 1/2 qt+ by now. The smoke is still there but has move a couple hundred rpm up and I have detected less of it. Still means I'm soon to pay for a rebuild but I'm also very excited that I bought a great product.

Leonardo, there are a total of 53 pics documenting this install. I cleaned them up a bit and resized to 1600x1080 (approx, I forget). Should I resize to a lower res for LGT.com? Also, is it ok to maybe link from here to a new thread for the 2008-2009 cars and can I reserve 13-14 posts to accommidate the pics and the text that Crawford will provide? Or is there a better way? I think that all the pics are needed.

Thanks,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I'll get back to you on the sizing but since the install is esentially the same, post it here and I'll edit the first post to indicate which post your install starts. Actually, make a new thread and I'll close this one but put a link to it in your new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Very very nice...Brad, that really came out good. I don't think I've seen install instructions that detailed and clean until now.

Now all you 2008-2009 guys, GO Install Your Crawford Performance Air Oil Separator!! No excuses!

Very very nice...Brad, that really came out good. I don't think I've seen install instructions that detailed and clean until now.

Now all you 2008-2009 guys, GO Install Your Crawford Performance Air Oil Separator!! No excuses!

Thanks Drew!

These instructions will work for the 05-07 guys too, with the exception of maybe a couple minor differences. Leonardo might be able to confirm. I believe he was going to use these instructions to install his, then let us know what the differences are, if any.

• 1 month later...
Just found this thread. Great job guy's. I'm thinking about laying out the cash for this set up. instead of rebuilding my engine soon, because of oil usage. It will also come in handy after the rebuild and a bigger turbo and stage 2.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey guys,

I'm not that into watching it that closely but I do care about doing a good enough job of keeping my oil topped off and I believe I'm burning a tiny bit less. It's certailny "not just in my head" I'm certain of it. Thing is I didn't properly quantify it before hand but it is less.

I have an older thread about a smoke issue that was bad enough to convince me that it's time for a motor but now I decided to ride it out a bit. The smoke I was seeing in 2nd and 3rd gear over 5k rpm under load is virtually gone.

I am very pleased and absolutely convinced this thing works and works very well. I still think I have an issue with my motor but I may just be driving long enough to take my time in saving up for the rebuild.

Thanks for the update, I'm also saving up for the rebuild. If this helps, I may buy this kit in the next couple of months and run it through the Winter and rebuild in the spring.

I'll be at 140,000 mile by then.

I'll keep this system with the rebuild because it will keep the A/F mixture from being deluted with oil fumes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not like it's important but it also has the nice side affect of helping to keep the exterior of your motor clean as anything that may leak via a worn hose or pcv is directed to the AOC. So hopefully in 140k miles my motor won't have an oily mess around each head.

• 2 months later...

I thought one of the instruction PDF's had shown pictures of relocating the wiring harness right where they want you to mount the AOS.

The newest instructions I found on the crawford site didnt show this.

Am I looking at the wrong ones?

Archived