LegacyGT.com

Crawford AOS install/review thread.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand they are the same. I am looking for some instructions I saw that showed where the recommended position of the wiring relocation is.

The instructions on your website do not show the relocation of the wiring harness to place the crawford on the strut tower.

I had some instructions that I thought I downloaded showing this, but cant seem to find it so I was looking for it again.

I understand they are the same. I am looking for some instructions I saw that showed where the recommended position of the wiring relocation is.

The instructions on your website do not show the relocation of the wiring harness to place the crawford on the strut tower.

I had some instructions that I thought I downloaded showing this, but cant seem to find it so I was looking for it again.

It is actually in the video, is where you saw it. Here is the link for it.

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/videos/browse?movieid=119

Cheers,

Team Crawford

• 2 weeks later...

One last question.... getting ready to finally put mine on before it gets tooo cold.

I have an AVO TMIC, so I am assuming from reading the instructions it is pretty much imperative that I need to REMOVE the TMIC.

The instructions show a FMIC setup which shouldnt be a problem but the TMIC seems it would be in the way.

I barely use any oil between changes even at 140000. Have a 350WHP Outback XT on E85 so it will be very interesting in my case to see if it totally stops the oil issue.

I have seen Oil in my TMIC before but that was before I changed out my stock turbo.

I have also tested it by removing the oil cap and revving it up and do not puff any smoke at all.

I sorta want to take the TMIC off, inspect it, clean it if necessary and then install this kit to observe the results.

I just hate taking that dang AVO TMIC off as its sometimes a pain to get back on.

Ill post my findings, which I am sure will be good, as soon as I get it on and drive it a bit.

• 8 months later...

Alright my new Crawford AOS is installed. Pro shop did it for me, used the 08+ WRX kit.

Reason: Excessive oil use, 1 quart per 300 miles on 77k mile original block. Set odometer every fill, replace ~2/3 to 3/4 quart when odometer gets to ~250 miles.

Setup: BNR68/TMIC running 23psi at 5500' ASL on E85. (Comparable to ~26psi sea level) 343whp/386tq, 12.43 @112mph 5860' ASL. Been on E85/high boost >3 years.

Compression test: 105-105-105-100 (normal for my shop is 110-115, but they said these numbers aren't unusual).

PCV valve: Now eliminated, was either original or replaced by prior owner at 30k service. Either way, was past due replacement.

Results: TBD, will report back.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 5 months later...
Alright my new Crawford AOS is installed. Pro shop did it for me, used the 08+ WRX kit.

Reason: Excessive oil use, 1 quart per 300 miles on 77k mile original block. Set odometer every fill, replace ~2/3 to 3/4 quart when odometer gets to ~250 miles.

Setup: BNR68/TMIC running 23psi at 5500' ASL on E85. (Comparable to ~26psi sea level) 343whp/386tq, 12.43 @112mph 5860' ASL. Been on E85/high boost >3 years.

Compression test: 105-105-105-100 (normal for my shop is 110-115, but they said these numbers aren't unusual).

PCV valve: Now eliminated, was either original or replaced by prior owner at 30k service. Either way, was past due replacement.

Results: TBD, will report back.

Legend did you ever notice a difference in oil use after the crawford AOS?

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a good video by subie tv showing the install on an STI.

This video is helpful as it shows the wiring harness relocation and some of the rest of the install is similar.

This is for the V1 so it does not show the coolant lines.

• 3 years later...

I realize this thread is old, but doesn't make sense to make a new one.

As I look at the "Y" fitting, the included hose to go down on to the crankcase breather looks quite a bit larger than the one I pulled off of there. The one I pulled off is the hose at the end of the white PCV diagnosis connector, I assume on that port is where the "Y" goes?

I have the inlet out at the same time. The pic with questions was from my other thread.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/dil222/20150525_163934.jpg

EDIT:

Oh, I see, I just pulled that hose and I need to take the whole fitting. The pic earlier in the thread shows it. I assume the PCV valve is in some God awful place on the left there? I've replaced it once, 50k miles ago.

I guess I don't get where the PCV plug goes?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83957&d=1272243312

Archived