LegacyGT.com

PROJECT silentScoob

Hey all doin a project on my 97gt legacy.

First engine swap from a 95rs model with manual mine has auto arghhh.

While engine out mayb single turbs or stroker kit not sure or just a full recon?

Widebody kit wanting to look like a touring car almost nice wing nothing giant and to much look at me look at me.

deep dish 18s all round

4 seater all buckets

tints and a complete audio system

much more things to come i guess will post my car current soon.

I would any ideas tips insight please as i am keen to learn i want to do as much as i can myself and let the experrts do there thing where i cant cheers.

good pick for the auto to manual; just make sure you grab the ecu from the rs because that's got a different programming for the standard that yours right now can't cope with (or something like that. the point is you can't use your stock ecu). to turbo you need to build that sucker up, there's another thread here about turboing a sus that should help you out in that area with a good kit already posted, but in a nutshell don't run 10psi on a stock 2.5. definitely do a suspension job: i'm doing mine very very soon and will post pics of before and after, but the stock struts and springs don't do your car any justice. lowering will look much better, and if you get a set of kyb gr2s they'll go far for the street and even the track. that's all i've got for now...good luck!

i said it wrong above..

there is NO difference between the Auto. and manual ECU's ... you just add a wire/terminal to a pin to ground to tell the ECU its a 5spd. car ....just leave the Trans computer in place,

you have to short 2 wires at the Trans connector or add the clutch switch into it.... then you have to wire in the neutral switch from the ECU to the neutral switch in the trans. ( basically 2 neutral switches , one for the starting ( clutch switch )and one to tell the ecu when the trans is in neutral ... both have to be there or you will get a neutral switch code and the car will not crank

Current pics took chromes off to sell put standard rims on gay gay gay. oh well

The gay wheels are lighter. Bling = weight and...gay :rolleyes:

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Archived