LegacyGT.com

Green power light on dash

The power light basically makes the transmission computer change its shift points, so when you gun it, that power button comes on, and it'll shift at higher RPM's than the norm.

The Manual button is a very primitive version of traction control. When the shift lever is either 3 or 2, and the manual button is depressed, it will keep the transmission from going into first gear. By doing this, you have less torque, more evenly distributed power, and a less chance the car will slip.

So, when the shift lever is in the 2 position the transmission stays in 2nd gear. When the shift lever is in the 3 position the transmission chooses between 2nd and 3rd gear. If the shift lever is any other position then the two above, the manual button does absolutely positively nothing.

Hit the nail on the head, except "Power Mode" also slightly advances ignition timing giving you a little bit more oomph.

I love the "Power" light..... :wub:

I think they should sell a little lens for that light that makes the light shine through the instrument panel as a little Honda logo with an "X" through it. I'd buy it.....

Archived