LegacyGT.com

All in one Key Fob

Has anyone here got the "All in one key/fob" from Subaru? If so how has it worked for you?

Problems? Thoughts?

I hate having two different pcs in my pocket and would love to have the all in one.

If you don't know what I am talking about check the pic out I grabed from Fred Bean.

Key.thumb.jpg.d361cfc7018bb6c8235bac6700eadce6.jpg

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

I've got an 08 that comes with those standards and its not something I ever think about. I had an 02 Camry that had the separate key and button fob and it took me all of about two days to get used to the different key.

I think the immobilizer chips only became standard in 08 when they went to the all in one key, but I'm not positive. I think that disclaimer is there for the 08 and 09 owners that are looking for those as a replacement.

It's cool; I'm with the band

The bean pic from the OP indicates it'll work with the '05-'06 without surgery.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I bought this key from fred beans, cost me $50 to have it programmed at the dealer for the immobilizer, then I did the lock buttons myself. Works like a charm.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/09-smaller-key-fob-93465.html

Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

That key came stock on my 08, and my only comments is that the range absolutely sucks! I often stay right next to my car and have to hit the button several times before I get it just right. I am also not a fan of the trunk release and how you have to hold it down for several seconds....Minor details but that is my .02 cents

flip key would be the ideal type. Some folks here have built a flip key, but that is way too much time and effort for me.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

• 3 years later...

Just ordered 2 "All in One" key blanks. The manufacturers code matches the one on Fred Beans so I hope they are the ones with the immobilizer chips as they are not listed in the description :/ The local Autonation Subaru charges $45 flat and no charge for cutting:)

F.B. SKU #: 57497AG48A

eBay SKU #: 57497AG48A

Ones I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400397716903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Correct One: http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/subaru-legacy-all-in-one-key.html

I think I did ok... But I know I'm about to get flamed if I didn't:/

Until yesterday, mine refused to lock my Outback XT. It's been six months. But recently, it's behaving. I've had a two-piece as well as two all-in-ones. I greatly prefer the all-in-one. And it's a hell of a lot easier to get on a keyring than the nonsense that Saab used.

Until yesterday, mine refused to lock my Outback XT. It's been six months. But recently, it's behaving. I've had a two-piece as well as two all-in-ones. I greatly prefer the all-in-one. And it's a hell of a lot easier to get on a keyring than the nonsense that Saab used.

Are you using the ones from fred beans or ebay?

I ordered mine through Infamous since they were cheaper than Fred Beans by a couple of bucks and on the Westcoast. Didn't really matter since it drop shipped from SOA.

Got it cut and programmed for my 05 without issue. The stealership of course would not "guarantee" it would work since it isn't an OEM part on the 05...

Got this as a replacement to the key my wife lost. All is well in the world again!

Archived