LegacyGT.com

Should I trade my Legacy?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It's too late for us, but you can still save yourself!!

haha, j/k If you have the funds and the desire then go for it. Just understand that modding cars is a seriously lousy way to use your hard-earned money, in the grand scheme of things. Start a Roth IRA instead and thank me in 40 years.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It's too late for us, but you can still save yourself!!

haha, j/k If you have the funds and the desire then go for it. Just understand that modding cars is a seriously lousy way to use your hard-earned money, in the grand scheme of things. Start a Roth IRA instead and thank me in 40 years.

x2 but if you ARE going to WASTE your money on something stupid like a car (why not, I did) definately do it to a turbo for easy power mods. If you dump a bunch into the suspension of the 3.0 you will start to wish it was a T to mess with too... Just my 2cents

Do whatever makes you happy. If you have the funds and won't be upside down on the loan, then go right the f ahead and get yourself a turbo and mod the crap out of it.

Well that's what I'm thinking, if I can get them to lower the price to around $18,500 or so, and then get $22,000 for my trade in I'd be able to get to a stage 2.

Do whatever makes you happy. If you have the funds and won't be upside down on the loan, then go right the f ahead and get yourself a turbo and mod the crap out of it.

Well that's what I'm thinking, if I can get them to lower the price to around $18,500 or so, and then get $22,000 for my trade in I'd be able to get to a stage 2.

he wants a real mean stage 2:rolleyes::lol: Seriously, though the GT sounds like the better one for you. If you want to mod a Legacy, then the turbo model would be the way to go. Like other's said, do what makes you happier. Whether it is an R or GT. You know your financial situation, so if you can afford to, then do eeet!

E-mailed a trade in appraisal to the dealership and received a phone call within 45 minutes. The guy couldn't really give me a good value, but the KBB trade in value of my car is $22,275 in excellent condition. If they can drop their original price I'm probably going to go for it. Anyone see this as a bad decision considering: I have 2 years and 4 months left on my factory warranty, I've maintained my car just fine or any other things I should consider?

You could try a private sale and get more money for it. With 2 years factory warranty and good condition with maintenance records, i bet you could get more that the $23k trade value. Then take that money and pick up a mid-mileage 07 for $19 or $20k and use the difference to pay for your stage 2.
It's cool; I'm with the band

lol..you do what you want guy, but i think you are better off with your v-6..theres still plenty of stuff you can do with your car..just my two cents..

^Subachev you should check out cars101.com and educate yourself all about Subaru. The site looks plain and ugly but is actually a wonderful resource.

Subaru does NOT make V-6's and never will.

Just understand that modding cars is a seriously lousy way to use your hard-earned money, in the grand scheme of things. Start a Roth IRA instead and thank me in 40 years.

You rarely ever hear that kind of advice on car forums, but you're absolutely right.

Archived