LegacyGT.com

Toyota Does It Again...

You said that the X5 would be safer at 140 MPH than the LGT at 80 MPH and neither of these links back that up. The link about the Legacy tells me nothing. Stopping distances might be a start man. Maybe some skidpad info.

And who cares about the Porsche vs. X5? You brought it up, not me. Reading comprehension is something you should work on.

You cite reading comprehension to me, yet you are incapable of reading the clearly posted braking distances and skid pad numbers in both links. That is amusing. Reading numb nuts, can you do it?

Here let me help you since it seems beyond your abilities:

From the links that were working last I checked.

BMW X5 M:

Track Test Results

0-45 mph (sec.)3.1

0-60 mph (sec.)4.5

0-75 mph (sec.)6.6

1/4-mile (sec. @ mph)12.8 @ 108.5

0-60 with 1 foot of rollout (sec.)4.2

Braking, 30-0 mph (ft.)29

60-0 mph (ft.)116

Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph)63.5

Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g)0.91

Sound level @ idle (dB)42.2

@ Full throttle (dB)77.4

@ 70 mph cruise (dB)61.5

1999 Subaru Legacy (shit box)

Performance Acceleration (0-60 mph): 10.5 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 128 ft. Road Holding Index: .77 g

You really don't have a clue how to read do you? You poorly tried to insult my ride and in your attempt to lambaste me you failed. Check your link again and tell me what car that is. I'll give you a hint, it's not a Legacy GT.

Holy crap, we agree! It is an underpowered car...because you have posted the specs for a 1999 Legacy L.

The difference is?

I tried in vain to find any performance specs on a 1999 Legacy GT, but given that it would have the same brakes, very similar tire size, similar suspension (typical soft Subaru), and nearly identical curb weight the results should be nearly the same.

Now the 1999 GT does have more power (165hp vs 142hp), but that is still on the underpowered side these days. Even in 1999 it was nothing to write home about.

Now the 1999 GT does have more power (165hp vs 142hp), but that is still on the underpowered side these days. Even in 1999 it was nothing to write home about.

I concur. Which is why it is stupid that you brought it up.

FWIW, the L had single piston brakes with drums on the rears which could be upgraded, 14 to 15 in. tires, 30 ft. lbs. less torque than a GT and came in under 3000 lbs. for the sedan variant.

How did a thread about a large Lexus SUV with potential rollover risk turn into a comparison of a brand new BMW X5, which is a performance vehicle more than it is an sport utility vehicle, to a 10 year old Legacy which wasn't designed as a high performance street machine anyway.

You guys both need to grow up and learn how to handle yourselves on message boards. Neither of you will back down and you will both continue to litter this thread with irrelevant information about a BMW and a Subaru when the initial post was about the rollover risk of the Lexus SUV. Agree to disagree and get over yourselves.

Any chance a mod can lock/delete this thread before these two start bashing me for being a voice of reason and post more useless information?

It's cool; I'm with the band

How did a thread about a large Lexus SUV with potential rollover risk turn into a comparison of a brand new BMW X5, which is a performance vehicle more than it is an sport utility vehicle, to a 10 year old Legacy which wasn't designed as a high performance street machine anyway.

You guys both need to grow up and learn how to handle yourselves on message boards. Neither of you will back down and you will both continue to litter this thread with irrelevant information about a BMW and a Subaru when the initial post was about the rollover risk of the Lexus SUV. Agree to disagree and get over yourselves.

Any chance a mod can lock/delete this thread before these two start bashing me for being a voice of reason and post more useless information?

Check all boxes that apply:

[ ] Thank you for that useful post pointing out our foolish arguments.

[x] Go choke on a dick.

[x] We argue because we enjoy it and don't especially care what you think.

[x] Growing up is vastly overrated.

Oh and slightly back on topic the GX460 is a silly vehicle that fills no apparent useful niche. For the money you may as well spend a bit more and buy a Land Cruiser which is a much better far more capable vehicle.

[x] Go choke on a dick.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::wub:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

[x] Go choke on a dick.

^^^

So worth of signature use.:lol:

Here let me help you since it seems beyond your abilities:

From the links that were working last I checked.

BMW X5 M:

Track Test Results

0-45 mph (sec.)3.1

0-60 mph (sec.)4.5

0-75 mph (sec.)6.6

1/4-mile (sec. @ mph)12.8 @ 108.5

0-60 with 1 foot of rollout (sec.)4.2

Braking, 30-0 mph (ft.)29

60-0 mph (ft.)116

Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph)63.5

Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g)0.91

Sound level @ idle (dB)42.2

@ Full throttle (dB)77.4

@ 70 mph cruise (dB)61.5

1999 Subaru Legacy (shit box)

Performance Acceleration (0-60 mph): 10.5 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 128 ft. Road Holding Index: .77 g

You didn't list the fuel consumption for the X5 compared to the Legacy, which may make the Legacy more interesting. But it depends on how much you will have to pay for a full tank too... :spin: It's over $100 for a full tank for my Outback here. :(

453747.png

GUYS... Guys... Guys....

*Geeky voice*

The 1999 Legacy L IS NOT the same as a 1999 Legacy GT! The GT Does 0-60 in 10.2 seconds, and the L does it in 10.5..... DUH!!!!

*Snobby voice*

The BMW gets more p***y than a Subaru which, as we all know, makes it a better car. Ha,tata, ta ta.

:lol: :lol:

A little humor to diffuse a trainwreck of a thread.

Archived