LegacyGT.com

Autoweek Best Sedan Vote

First off, that is such an apples to oranges contest it's ridiculous. The S4, M3, and CTS-V lined up against things like a Kia? And second, if it was the 05-09 body style LGT, I would think about voting for it to support the brand but the abomination 2010 won't garner my vote. Sorry, 2010 fans.

I tend to agree, but I also like skewing poll results. Although, having driven a number of the vehicles listed, for the price point, I'd say the LGT, regardless of year, stacks up very well. It is polls like this that allow your "everyday" man to voice his opinion. I believe most of the voting will be slanted towards someones idea of what the best sedan is a dreamworld is...not what they can actually afford. Me...I voted for the legacy, as i do believe it is the best bang for the buck in LGT form, and is easily modified within a decent budget to beat many of the other so called "performance sedans" in a performance comparo.

Audi S4.

Legacy is not the best, not even the best value, and unfortunately, not even the best at it's price point. It was a stellar value, and the best in it's price point previously.

CTS-V and M3 sedan might be very good, and very fast.

Fusion may well be a very good value, and I would probably pick it over the Mazda 6.

Sonata may be a good value, as well, and Kia Optima the better looking version.

But Audi S4 has supercharged V6 power, manual or DSG gearbox, IIRC, and torque-vectoring rear axle system... and it wears it's size SO much better than Legacy does...

For me, who does prefer AWD for all-season driving... S4 hits the bulls-eye in the middle of the target better than the faster Rear-drivers, or the less expensive front-drivers.

Too bad for 2 things... I can't afford a new S4... and it isn't an S5 Sportback 5-door instead.

I voted for the M3 sedan. The S4 is also nice but down on power quite a bit (compared to the M3), and for all weather driving I have a 4X4 truck with a set of severe snow service rated all terrain tires.

I would also consider voting for the CTS-V but I categorically refuse to vote for (or buy) any Government Motors product.

First off, that is such an apples to oranges contest it's ridiculous. The S4, M3, and CTS-V lined up against things like a Kia? And second, if it was the 05-09 body style LGT, I would think about voting for it to support the brand but the abomination 2010 won't garner my vote. Sorry, 2010 fans.

well said!

except for me it's 05-07 only

to me the 2010 model just looks like another accord on the road

Ford Fusion 1st and Hyundai second.

Tells a lot about cluelessness of general market...

I have the Mercury version of the Fusion this week as my rental (Milian?). And it is amazingly quiet and nice riding it doesn't do anything outstanding. Though I guess solid transportation is what the mission for that car is. Not much fun to drive.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Archived