LegacyGT.com

05 or 06 LGT???

twisted

So most of you that know me know that i have a 03 pilot i want to get rid off for possibly a LGT 5MT

Now here's the skinny

I spoke to my dealer (the one we got the 5EAT from) and he said:

- he's pretty sure the 06 gets navi as a $2000 option (thats pricey..i may not want one for that price...hell i can get an aftermarket one cheaper and have money left over for another AP and handling mods)

- the 06 wont be out till june-mid / july and then too they will possibly be charging premium price for a few months before they wanna negotiate

-right now the factory has $1250 incentive on 05 - so they will sell me 05 for $1250 below invoice (um no ... i want it $500-$700 below invoice and then the $1250 applied from the factory incentive)

- Financing has been changed..now 2.9 for 48 mnths and 3.9 for 60 mnths from SoA

- if i were to trade then i only pay sales tax on difference (but they mark my trade about a grand from kbb trade in value even tho my pilot is in "excellent" shape they use the rating of "Good"...wtf???...my pilot still has new car smell dammit)

So i spoke to a few friends(not associated with subaru in any way) and they state that normally once the 06 model (for any car) hits the lots in june there will be 2 rebats/deals...one from Factory (possibly 1200-1800) and another from dealer.

What would be the best time/deal that i should look forward to? I dont mind waiting if it ensures i get a sweet deal.

i still have evo and STi on the list but dont know if i can deal with the lesser interior/features like leather heated and lack of financing deals from factory (at least on evo) ...dont know what deals are out for STI

C'mon u guys....tell me what u think is a good way to go ...wait or go-pher-it...MN style

i think if you wait for the 2006 to come out, you'll get an even better deal on the 2005 if there aren't any flashy new features you want.

i'd love to say "pull the trigger, homie" but i don't think it makes sense.

Just a note to those waiting for the '06 model...

...we've just been informed that the '06 has been delayed and we won't see any on dealer lots until September/November, possibly later.

oh noz thatz whack and bogus

Hey Opie what do you recommend...to wait till release for 06 is closer?? will i get twice the discount for buying an 05 then?? from soa and from dealer or not????

cuz the money i save can be used for mods and i would love to do that

Just a note to those waiting for the '06 model...

...we've just been informed that the '06 has been delayed and we won't see any on dealer lots until September/November, possibly later.

This is rediculous. Everything I need to buy this summer is getting pushed back. Way to go subaru :rolleyes: not like the LGT needed much change.

• 3 weeks later...

My opinion on this,..

Probably the only changes may be a few interior cosmetic changes and a slight bump in HP to maybe 260-270hp to compete with other Lexus/GS sedans,

Then comes the $1-2k or more in price increase from 05-06,..

I say wait, especially with talk about a Spec B with 18s, Bilstein, Navi and etc. Spec B HELLLOO. If it doesn't translate into anything you will still be able to get the 05 for a really good deal since they aren't flying off the lots.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Actually some say that since base GT is gone, LGT base price is going down.

My opinion on this,..

Probably the only changes may be a few interior cosmetic changes and a slight bump in HP to maybe 260-270hp to compete with other Lexus/GS sedans,

Then comes the $1-2k or more in price increase from 05-06,..

another thread "Spec B Lgt" reads:

jonfur80: Ok I don't know if anyone else has posted but SOA had a meeting about the 2006's. Leg gt base is dropped. XT base is dropped as well. We are getting a LGT Spec B....now it isn't the same as the euro/japan. It will have 18's with 7 spoke wheels, Blisten shocks and nav...not sure about brems. Will have STANDARD GT ENGINE, just better handling.

the reps had a meeting 2 days ago with the big dogs. Same engine 250/250. 18s, nav, upgraded sus. we found out yesterday so just telling you want I know

You can buy a a good portable navi system for under a grand, and you can use it in other cars.

Mojo

I have a Garmin IQue and i love it cuz its also a palm pilot, so i can then sync it with my contacts so I have all my friends addresses etc vs having to enter stuff in manually, plus its easy to update the maps.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

The only info I can confirm is that techs have gone to classes mentioning a 6 speed transmission in 2006. Supposedly the Forester was getting it to... but evidently that didn't happen. I have seen several new model codes in the legacy lineup from time to time accidently being left on dealer only sites, however no names were there to tell me what trims etc they might have been.

Navigation... the Forester in Japan has it but it doesn't look like ours is getting it... So who knows with the Legacy if we will or not. That space is designed for it so hopefully we will. That would explain some of the new model codes that are more expensive than the LTD version... LTD+Navigation for example... would be cool. You'll see a 3.0L model Legacy I'm guessing.....

As for a Spec B.... there has been no information saying that would happen. I keep a VERY close tabs on any new info coming from our dealer network and have yet to here any peeps about that kind of thing. Subaru is VERY closed mouthed when they want to be

i have to agree with D-2.5-GT. i don't want to get my hope up only to be disappointed later.

I haven't tried a portable navigation system yet but i don't think it's for me. it sounds like a good idea, but since i'm trading the 4runner in i won't have a second car to use it in.

If the 06 model doesn't have a navi i would like to get something indash that also functions as a dvd player. something like the Pioneer AVIC-N2.. which doesn't fit in LGT..:(

Archived