LegacyGT.com

05 or 06 LGT???

twisted

i have to agree with D-2.5-GT. i don't want to get my hope up only to be disappointed later.

I haven't tried a portable navigation system yet but i don't think it's for me. it sounds like a good idea, but since i'm trading the 4runner in i won't have a second car to use it in.

If the 06 model doesn't have a navi i would like to get something indash that also functions as a dvd player. something like the Pioneer AVIC-N2.. which doesn't fit in LGT..:(

But it does, right in the cubby hole with some custom yet simple fabrication.

I keed I keeed

how cool! if I can install the Pioneer into the cubby then i won't have to get Subaru's navi. but the hard part is fabricating.. do you go somewhere to get it done? or can i do it myself? i've never fabricated anything in my life

crazyhorse- lol! i wouldn't watch anything on the road.. and it's illegal;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just thinking out loud and wondering if (assuming it's offered) the nav unit on the 06's would also be capable of playing DVD's or would there be an extra A/V input to run a stand alone dvd player/PS2/whatever?

Just a note to those waiting for the '06 model...

...we've just been informed that the '06 has been delayed and we won't see any on dealer lots until September/November, possibly later.

Another update - just learned that the '06 is being delayed.... until '09 :lol:

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

You can buy a a good portable navi system for under a grand, and you can use it in other cars.

Mojo

I have a Garmin Quest, a portable unit, which I bought for around $400. Someone else here on the board - Nick - has one and installed it in the cubby. You can check it out here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=181759&highlight=Garmin+Quest#post181759

Cheers,

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

My personal preference is the Garmin GPS V with bean bag mount so you can move it between cars and program it from your laptop/desktop.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived