LegacyGT.com

Valve Adjustment

I believe I read somewhere the 96 Legacy L 2.2 doesn't need valve adjustments?

Well here's my issue. I keep getting a Cylinder 2 Miss-fire. Every morning now for the past few days.

I installed an MSD Ignition (It did it randomly with the stocker still) and new Phase 2 Plug Wires.

The Spark Plugs are only about 6k miles old. I will be going to replace them this weekend and see if it helps. After that what can I do?

^ Yes there's a thread somewhere about this. DIY, bulbs are easy to get out and replace. saves you alot of hassle. as far as valve adjustments, do you mean the lash? I've read that the 2.2 has hlas, but I've been looking into checking mine, and it's all mlas. then again mine's from 98, so I don't know if anything had changed from there.

Your lifters should be hydraulic and not need adjustment. The valve lash should not change unless your lifter is failing. On your miss, you might need to change out that injector. If you disconnect injectors while the car is running and see if there is a change, if the idle does not change then that injector was not working. If you get a change in idle then that injector was fine. Sometimes you can take them out and clean them with carb cleaner.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

Your lifters should be hydraulic and not need adjustment. The valve lash should not change unless your lifter is failing. On your miss, you might need to change out that injector. If you disconnect injectors while the car is running and see if there is a change, if the idle does not change then that injector was not working. If you get a change in idle then that injector was fine. Sometimes you can take them out and clean them with carb cleaner.

There was a huge argument about this on another thread; some 2.2s are hydralauic prior to 97, some are after 97, and same with the 2.5. It's ridiculous; I know I have MLAs, and my 2.2 is from a 98. Easiest way is to check by popping the valve covers off, because only then you'll know what you're running. But yeah +1 how do you get an injector out?

Archived