LegacyGT.com

tru cool 4451/ 4454

quick4dr

I think it all comes down to personal preference, Ive noticed many people install different sizes for different reasons i.e. fitment, price, climate etc. I went with a 4454 it was a personal choice with no particular reason other I than I wanted the biggest size the would fit comfortably and as for covering the radiator I saw no significant temp. rise or anything.

868165583_Picture001.thumb.jpg.0c0753f27f0ffb9d8e08d5539a655315.jpg

1084339931_Picture003.thumb.jpg.a475f8dcf30b4358e5ff187422e62bee.jpg

463367009_Picture004.thumb.jpg.9e7a425c1eeaaab73af4f678d29e8607.jpg

I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

Wow that mount is hardcore overkill, lol. Mine is on the drivers side. Just used the standard thru the radiator zip ties.

Ha, yeah I'm a bit paranoid and just could not bring myself to stick the ties through the radiator. I know nothing will happen but I couldn't bring myself to do it. In any case I'm happy with the setup and I cant see it when its all put back together.

Not knocking it. I give props for the energy and ingenuity. Its just beefy for what it is holding thats all. I can understand the queasiness about pushing through the radiator. But it is how lots of things are mounted to radiators.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just installed the 4454. With the hoses pointed down, I used the inside left mounting holes on the trans cooler to mount it to the existing holes in the center upright support in front of the rad and a/c consender. Had to unhook the top brackets of both and tip them back so I could put the bolts in from the back. Just two bolts holding it in place. I put the sticky pads from the kit on either side of each bolt where the cooler touches the support. Sorry, no pics.

• 1 month later...

I got my 4454 white box/oem off ebay. The only thing is it did not come with the hose. Why kind and size of hose would I need for this and would anyone recommend ss lines for it?

I found this hose on ebay just wondering if it is the proper size and application related.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEATER-HOSE-5-8-ID-PREM-THERMAL-H-D-INSULATED-6-FT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c513fd851QQitemZ190341699665QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

5/16" or 3/8" I think will work, I cant remember what size I used all I remember is how difficult it was to connect the the new hose to the return line on the car because it was so tight. The link you show is for the wrong application. Transmission oil cooler hose is what you want. I bought mine from advanced auto parts and you can get it in any length you want.

Archived