LegacyGT.com

Can someone tell me why....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the prime example of how tame our forum can be in comparison to others, even nastysock

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606692&highlight=spooled+at+12mph

Granted this guy deserved to be flamed, but some of them went way farther than I've ever seen on this board. With the exception the guy with the Harvest Gold 2.5i that made his first thread "You guys suck" or something like that.

It's cool; I'm with the band

that thread got out of hand in about 2 replies

i read the first page...but i'm not going to go through 26 pages of name calling

reminds me that i forgot to post. on the local forum...guys are so bad that someone posted something along the lines of

"nobody cares what you think"

that's some good community-friendly posting, dont you think?

Obviously Bosco has been in here cleaning out some posts. Either that or all of the brain wizards have been banned.

No one banned yet but some of the boys need to read the forum rules about work safe posting. ;)

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I have heard this forum practically blows goats nuts. ;)

:lol: :lol: Where is Richard B when you need him?

I believe Spoon has this as his sig. :lol:

Sooooo, speaking of useless posts...

<----------That guy. :hide:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 1 month later...
i dropped by Nasioc few days ago and did a search over something i saw on TV. didn't find it so i posted having seen a WRX as a sheriff's Vehicle on the TV show Eureka. very first reply i got flamed on. then it went 4 pages of harrassment. some of them took it to the extreme and posted my photobucket pictures and youtube videos i took for fiancee's aunt's birthday. i ended up having to remove the videos and blocking all access to the photobucket, changed names to break links etc. just for saying "hey I spotted a sheriff WRX on TV." had to have post removed to stop the harrassment. then i googled "nasioc sucks" boy was i in for a surprise. vast majority of the people who think so are subie owners. they are pushing away subie owners.... then someone on another subie site said the owner of nasioc is banking now due to the site. so i looked into it. http://strategicfirst.com/nasioc.com damn...

I agree that NASIOC is a giant flame war. You have to wade through 8 pages of bs and personal attacks to get an answer to a question. I use it to check out the "Purdue Meat Up" thread to stay in touch with the local subie guys and that's about it. I try to avoid wandering too much into the other forums, except to get a good laugh.

And if you looked up some other sites, $89k for NASIOC isn't that much. LegacyGT.com is valued at $56k, and its a lot smaller niche than NASIOC is.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I have no problem with an owner of a website making money, it is their website. I do hate being bombarded with adds though.

My main thing is bashing. Its only bc they are sitting behind the safety of the computer. I bet a small percentage of those who bash/harass would do it to your face.

It seems like the forums work like this these days:

-Have a problem

-Hopefully find an existing thread w/the same issue

-Read through 20 pages consisting of members poking fun at the OP

-Post a question in the thread

-Get bitched at for resurrecting an old thread

I just consider us all friends and hope members will ADD to the quality of the site, not take up bandwidth making jokes and not help solve the OP's question.

Sorry to hear about that nightspeed

It seems, for the most part, this is the best forum I've been apart of. And have learned a lot about so many aspects of our cars. It's also the only website I've ever donated to. NASIOC is interesting. It can be good and bad, but there is a different vibe here, in my opinion.

Internet Tough Guy exist on all forums....

When you meet them in the meet, they are the nicest person in the world and they started showing their Christianity Involvement.

Heck sometimes when you see them arrive at the meet, someone has to unbuckle their seatbelt and put them down from their JDM Eddie Bauer car seat.

Archived