LegacyGT.com

Can someone tell me why....

No, here is the issue. I have been apart of a lot of forums. I have asked stupid questions and got my fair share of mean answers. The real issue is that new people never search. They get excited when they think they have a real question or issue. If they searched first then they would get a lot of answers. Nasioc would eat people in this forum up. I consider this forum pretty tame compared to others. Yes, my spelling sucks. If people get their feelings hurt, then they are too sensitive to the internet and should probably leave.

There is a lot of good info. If I have a stupid question, I search first then post. I still post dumb things and get people answering me sarcastically and a hole ish. Thats part of the game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, in general, about the forum being fairly civil. I've only actually been offended one time by a long time member of the forum singling me out for some reason. I think he read something wrong I posted and "attacked" me personally. I usually do not let things get to me, but he kept egging me on and name calling went back and forth. I even briefly posted a poll about who was being the bigger "douche". I pulled it after a few minutes and apologized. I had people still jumping on me even after asking for the moderator to pull it, which was fine. Except my buddy two posts above mine...LosAngelesLGT kept adding smart ass posts to the dead post ;). But, it's all good, man. I don't try to make waves or belittle anyone, but when people are passionate about something, they tend to take it personal and react. This forum is much better than the Spec-V forum (car before the LGT) where everyone hated eachother and their car! I've learned so much here and appreciate it when the "old timers" offer very helpful advice. That's the reason I became a donating member. I've learned so much I felt obligated to contribute. Anyway, just take any unnecessary comments with a grain of salt and get as much good information as you can. The internet can bring out the worst in people and typically they would never say it to your face. (or at least not mine :cool:)

This forum is very laid back compared to some other forums I have been on. Its just the nature of the beast when dealing with the internet. You get your handful of people that think they are the king kong of certain things when deep down they just have extra money laying around and bring it to a shop and say...do this. I have more respect for users who are the ones that do everything themselves and truly understand what they are doing. My stage 3 build has been taking since january and I wont be doing the actual install until may, just because I want to make sure that I understand every aspect of what my goals/plans are and what should be expected from every single thing I am doing, not because joe blow on this site has it on his car. In certain sections on this forum you see the usual people responding/posting and after a while you just naturally get that urge to say SHUT THE F*** UP! I have done it, I just recently got into an arguement with someone who is very local from me and it was just that. The arguement stayed on that thread, didnt migrate into any other threads, and when I see them post I just dont think of it cause we both got it out of our system. Some people just need to learn how to do that, instead of every time they see that person post they feel the need to talk sh*t immediately. If you look up my posting history, when I first joined this forum I asked the usual question....where should I start and I immediately had some good answers, and some completely arrogant responses, but I just read the good comments and went from there. I think darkness of death made some very good points in his posts, but I wouldnt blame it on the moderators here. Yes, they occasionally will say some things that make me do a double take at who said it, but overall I think they are doing a damn good job here. Tide has built a great forum with an overall great atmosphere. I kinda feel that if his moderators were very strict I would probably be sick of this forum because then it would be "this is how you will post in here, and you will say THIS is the best product"

All in all, of all the forums I have been through in the past 10 years, this has been my absolute favorite and pretty much the only forum I visit now.

. My stage 3 build has been taking since january and I wont be doing the actual install until may, just because I want to make sure that I understand every aspect of what my goals/plans are and what should be expected from every single thing I am doing, not because joe blow on this site has it on his car.

If you have more questions about your install/tuning and want honest and knowledgeable answers i would suggest contacting rao. Trust what he tells you.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

If you have more questions about your install/tuning and want honest and knowledgeable answers i would suggest contacting rao. Trust what he tells you.

Oh definitely, in between his smartass comments is some of the best advice I have heard through anyone on this forum.

not sure how rao could help ppl in this forum but the way he puts comment make ppl look stupid.

We should make a sticky thread to record all the "smartass" comments in this forum, including the authors. What yall think?

This forum contains numerous consistant people that are full of great information. They come with a price though, and usually its paid with your embarassment.

There are probably 5 people that I rely on for certain aspects of the car, and honestly I am not sure what I would have down without them.

My stage 3 build has been taking since january and I wont be doing the actual install until may, just because I want to make sure that I understand every aspect of what my goals/plans are and what should be expected from every single thing I am doing, not because joe blow on this site has it on his car.

How did I get dragged into this? :cool: I'm not even at stage 1 yet due to lack of funds.

But seriously, this forum isn't too bad. We recently added the stupid questions thread to allow some of us to vent about some of the dumb stuff people have repeatedly posted. I am a fan of telling someone to learn how to search and then post a link to the proper forum for their question or the thread that has the answer.

Sometimes people post stupid things that deserve a stupid answer and that's where rao comes in handy :lol:. For example, a simple search for cold air intake will bring up a number of thread where the general consensus is that they are a waste of money until you reach stage 2.5+, yet every few weeks there is a post about which cold air intake is the best (even though, as it was pointed out, there isn't a "best" product in most categories, just a preferred one for each person who uses it). So naturally rao comes in with the comment about buying the one that looks the best and sounds the loudest. We hope that no one takes that seriously, but continues to seatch until they find the answer.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Yeah, I've been on quite a few forums that are WAY worse than this one. VWvortex will make the devil cry sometimes. When I came to this forum, I was thinking that this forum was almost too nice. I'll admit, I've been an ass on the threads before, but its usually to people I think really need a flaming. Such as the dude that wanted to put neon under his legacy. Anyways, I have noticed that some members only post sarcastic posts that are completely useless to the thread. Waste of bandwidth. But, can't do anything about it. Its just life on the internet.

Ive noticed this already too..im not sure but seems like most people on here with GTs think they are driving audis or something..i mean our subies are nice and all, BUT since when did driving a subaru automaticlally make you a stuck up jerk?? not just on here but people everywhere need to show a little more kindness..having a few more horses under your hood doesnt make you better than anyone..so come folks lets stick to why this forums here in the first place, to help people out..its been a big help for me so far..

this isn't exactly a "help forum"

it's just a community for people to post.

some people may not even drive a subaru here. it just happens. people join because it's a community.

i'm not sure about the thing about the attitude thing related to GT owners. but if you are seeing it, maybe i'm not looking in the right threads or reading all the posts (which i dont and wouldn't try to - it's just too much).

on the local forum some had this as his signature and it's true

"just because we drive a car from the same manufacturer, it doesn't mean we are friends".

it was something like that...but that goes for here too. not everyone is on the same page. it's good when there are guys that are...but there are guys that aren't. you can't avoid it so just ignore it - if you can

actually something that coldradio1 mentioned about people wasting bandwidth from posting useless stuff..

it would be interesting to see a forum with ALL useless posts deleted.

might not be much going on in the forum but the idea of it being absolutely controlled is bizarre. maybe neat in a way

actually something that coldradio1 mentioned about people wasting bandwidth from posting useless stuff..

it would be interesting to see a forum with ALL useless posts deleted.

might not be much going on in the forum but the idea of it being absolutely controlled is bizarre. maybe neat in a way

Yeah, rao would have like 25 posts. LOL. J/K. I couldn't imagine a forum like that. I probably wouldn't enjoy it too much to be honest. Yes, sometimes when people post a single character for a post, it pisses me off royally. But the flaming posts really make me laugh. I do think it would be nice to clean up posts a little more. Think about what other features that could be fit on the site with more bandwidth available. One of the local VW forums I'm a member of has a "shoutbox". Its kinda like a group instant chat feature that anybody can post and carry on a conversation in real time. This would cut down many posts that aren't relevant to the issue of the thread, by reducing the conversations that take on in random threads.

is that for real?

it's funny

Sure is. The car had many things that could go wrong, and it is very hard to get more than 25-30 hp without paying a lot of money. They also had horrible wheel hop. With bolt-ons (I/H/E) you were around 170-180 hp to the wheels, but to get beyond that point was spending a lot of money on a $12,000 car. There is a turbo kit available now, but it's around $4,000 for everything. But, yeah, anytime a potential buyer asked about the car, everyone would name all of the problems and how much they hate their car and to not buy one. That doesn't seem to happen here, for the most part.

Archived