LegacyGT.com

Dyno Days (MA)

GTStage2

BrenTuning. He works out of his house in central ma. I can't say enough good things about him. I know a few others here have had him tune their cars. Newenglandsubarus.com also has a fair amount of good feedback on him

i used him to tune my legacy gt about 4 months ago and no issues to this day. The power he got out of my car compared to the ap was like night and day. he doesnt have a dyno but esp in sterling does. i believe it is about 150 for 3 dyno pulls.

DSG in Norwood is $100 for 3 pulls, FWIW.

their dyno reads pretty damn low, though.

so how would they recailbrate their dyno? ESP or Norwood? I would like to go to a more accurate place...any suggestions

the peak numbers read low, but it is great for showing delta changes between mods. i dont really understand the question of how they would recalibrate it?

hes saying if they have a dyno that gives low numbers, how do they recalibrate the dyno to give proper numbers.

DSG's dyno reads around 20-30hp lower than EFI's dyno based on plots from similar cars.

YMMV

Seriously, just get a 0-60 time or go to a strip and get a 1/4 time. Who cares how much power you have, all that matters is how fast you go. A dyno is just a tool to allow a tuner to see changes, and is really only comparable against itself. The HP numbers you see advertised are measured against the crankshaft are measured differently as well.

DSG's dyno reads around 20-30hp lower than EFI's dyno based on plots from similar cars.

YMMV

Seriously, just get a 0-60 time or go to a strip and get a 1/4 time. Who cares how much power you have, all that matters is how fast you go. A dyno is just a tool to allow a tuner to see changes, and is really only comparable against itself. The HP numbers you see advertised are measured against the crankshaft are measured differently as well.

This is all that matters to me.

Archived