LegacyGT.com

dreams...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vortech-Supercharger_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b027181cQQitemZ140394305564QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

i want it so bad. i would make it fit. no matter what, cut the hood, get rid of abs, horn, move battery. anything..

what are the super chargers that work well with our cars? and don't you have to basically redo the who electrical components when you do turbos.. ah so may dreams

i have seen that before.. very interesting but for 5 psi? and anyway i wanna build up the motor a shit load first. just wait and see.. by the time im 30 ill be ready for a SC hahaha. this all depends on weather i total my car in those years... i really need to stop driving it. to risky

5 is pretty much all you would want to run from what ive heard.

the gasket problem is accelerated by boost

and im in the same boat amp because you can know the limits of your car but as soon as something changes you could be in fore an accident

build it up first!!!!! pointless to throw in something that will run 20psi and only have it put out a quarter of that. 5 probably isn't that noticeable either, except you get a nice sound from the supercharger. wait and save some cash before just throwing it in without anything else; you're absolutely right amp. and yeah, the coverage would be nice! wish I had more money around :( if I did, I'd do a wrx swap, or at least throw a 2.5 back in to make my badges legit!

well the 2.2 will last for you till we get out of college and have that "green auto engineering" degree. funny thing is i wanna build more power using a gas engine when really i should be going electric. but thats later in life. 20 years from now electric cars will be smoking these 4 bangers. they already do but the tech is just not there for the average joe yet..

the fastest RC car is a gas powered track touring car, converted to electric.. electric motors also run at much higher rpm do the fact they have less moving parts. lessmoving parts means less break downs.

my rc i have has a motor that is safe to 60,000 rpm. wonder what a subby would sound like with that rpm.. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

that's the problem. I want a mech. engineering degree, but the combustion engine is gonna get phased out quickly with clean air regulations and all the fun stuff that puts a lid on fun explosive engines. I don't like electronics, but it's clear that the industry is going that way. cost is huge (I did a mastery project on alternative energy a few weeks ago :D), politics are bigger, and the environment takes a backseat to it.

rc cars rock too haha, I've got a couple from traxxas and hpi in my basement!

5 probably isn't that noticeable either

you obviously have never turboed a car. 5 psi makes a huge difference. just like in a turbo car, you can feel the difference from 10psi to 12. so basically what your saying is you would rather have no boost than 5psi? :spin:

i want neg boost?? how can i do this as i bet i wont feel the diff. <<<<= funny.

and yes.. traxxas rocks. got a xl1 pede with all the stuff.. brushless. full body rollcage. it like what i want my car to be

i buy things and i over hual things that cant handle my abuse. my rc is pretty much to that spec now. i break few parts and have a blast.

i need to do with my car. and save weight

by the time you fit a supercharger on your car, you couldve probably just bought an off the shelf turbo kit and make better power with a better powerband than some crappy centrifugal sc

ive always said roots style or nothing, look at dynos of centrifugal vs roots

http://www.ls1tech.com/misc/chargercomparo.gif

this is a 5.3L LSx dyno w/ a roots and an eaton, same car, to compare. The magna is the roots, look at that crappy tq curve from the procharger...

my advice is turbo...just easier to do and more efficient and a lot more parts and knowledge available. A roots setup would be very custom indeed and would cost a lot. I've told people w/ v8's (lx platform mainly, chargers, magnums are what we worked on a bit) that unless you can't fit a roots because of physical fitment issues, there's really no reason to go centrifugal

small turbo and you wont have bad lag, and for what you wanna do, you wont need a big one

do you not see the lag with the centrifugal? it has a similar powerband to turbos, just crappier. Theres tons of dynos of different setups to look through to get a rough idea of what to expect with your application. Just look at similar sized motors and see whatcha think.

now wait....you cant use that as an example. theres a huge difference between procharger and supercharger. a procharger is literally a belt driven turbo. a supercharger is belt driven but instead of a turbine or fan inside, it has 2 "corkscrews" right next to each other that spin in opposite directions to create air pressure. so prochargers and superchargers have completly different curves and power bands.

oh and amp. you bitch at other people in other threads about staying on topic so how bout you stay on topic in your own thread. theres an rc thread, take it there.

now wait....you cant use that as an example. theres a huge difference between procharger and supercharger. a procharger is literally a belt driven turbo. a supercharger is belt driven but instead of a turbine or fan inside, it has 2 "corkscrews" right next to each other that spin in opposite directions to create air pressure. so prochargers and superchargers have completly different curves and power bands.

oh and amp. you bitch at other people in other threads about staying on topic so how bout you stay on topic in your own thread. theres an rc thread, take it there.

are we not still on topic. and you brought it up.. i was just just using rc motors as examples

edit. you are not kaz hahaha

the lag from a sc like this

http://www.superchargersonline.com/images/productimages/vortech_charger_si02.jpg

vs

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/10190315/0808phr_02_z+2005_2007_ford_mustang_gt+twin_screw_supercharger.jpg

is mainly because of compressor design. Notice the twin screw of the roots style, very efficient. The lag on ANY sc is not as pronounced as turbos, but it is more noticable on the cent vs roots

Archived