LegacyGT.com

dreams...

now wait....you cant use that as an example. theres a huge difference between procharger and supercharger. a procharger is literally a belt driven turbo. a supercharger is belt driven but instead of a turbine or fan inside, it has 2 "corkscrews" right next to each other that spin in opposite directions to create air pressure. so prochargers and superchargers have completly different curves and power bands.

oh and amp. you bitch at other people in other threads about staying on topic so how bout you stay on topic in your own thread. theres an rc thread, take it there.

i was just trying to tell the op that there were other types of sc's than what he posted, and just a small comparison between them....its on a v8 motor so its irrelevant anyways, lol

i was just trying to tell the op that there were other types of sc's than what he posted, and just a small comparison between them....its on a v8 motor so its irrelevant anyways, lol

understood;) and yes a v8 would act wayyyyy different then a 4cyl boxer

ok heres some advice. tomorrow im going to pick up a car i just bought. i paid less for this car than a turbo kit costs for a subaru, and guess what, this car pushes 25psi stock. go do that rather than turboing a stock 2.2 or 2.5 and blowing your engine in a few months

yes and now i under stand the difference. the one is just like a turbo the runs off exhaust and the corkscrew one is way diff. an m90 is cork screw(or root, right. i got those straight) now that i know that

and yes. before i even think about this i do need a 5mt. for 3 facts. more control. easier to rebuild. and the fact that you rarely would ever want an auto for rally cross.(not full awd. like 90/10 unless factors are introduced)

ok so back to the OP. dont waste your money turboing or SCing a car. for half the price, theres plenty of cars out there that are half the price of most turbo kits, that push wwaaayyyy more psi than what you will push. thats why i did my research and got one. oh and the one i bought is an auto. and it safley pushes 25psi. ive seen people push up to 32psi on the stock auto trans.... lesson learned here.....do your research

thank you guys. only problem is i no nothing about the electronics in my car. tuning. and how the hell putting a turbo on effects the cars million brains. but i do under stand piggy back a little more now that i read that build with the eaton M62? or E62.

i would like too. but i know when to quit and let someone else step it or when i need to sit down at the pc for another day and teach myself... i do alot of things on my own. iv read many threads about tuning but i was way over my head and nothin made sense, as i didnt know what anything meant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vortech-Supercharger_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b027181cQQitemZ140394305564QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

i want it so bad. i would make it fit. no matter what, cut the hood, get rid of abs, horn, move battery. anything..

what are the super chargers that work well with our cars? and don't you have to basically redo the who electrical components when you do turbos.. ah so may dreams

If I were you I would go turbo not Super Charger. the 2.5 is weak enough as it is and super chargers put allot of strain and stress on the engine. And super Chargers run allot less boost then turbos do.

Yes turbos can have turbo lag but if you pick the right turbo for your setup you wont have any turbo lag.

And someone said you wouldn't want to run more then 5 psi on this motor, if you meant stock I agree personally i wouldn't run any boost on this 2.5 stock but if its built you can run what ever you built it for.

And as far as more work with a turbo its actually very simple, you could install a full turbo kit FMIC and everything yourself in one day. And to take care of the electronics you just get a fuel management system like the

and 5 psi will make a noticeable difference. My truck runs 30psi and it used to run 25 and I can definitely feel the difference.

Auto transmissions are great for rally X, Auto X, and Ice racing, I used to race them all did it in auto and manual trans. its all about what you feel more comfortable in at 100+mph

If I were you I would go turbo not Super Charger. the 2.5 is weak enough as it is and super chargers put allot of strain and stress on the engine. And super Chargers run allot less boost then turbos do.

Yes turbos can have turbo lag but if you pick the right turbo for your setup you wont have any turbo lag.

And someone said you wouldn't want to run more then 5 psi on this motor, if you meant stock I agree personally i wouldn't run any boost on this 2.5 stock but if its built you can run what ever you built it for.

And as far as more work with a turbo its actually very simple, you could install a full turbo kit FMIC and everything yourself in one day. And to take care of the electronics you just get a fuel management system like the

and 5 psi will make a noticeable difference. My truck runs 30psi and it used to run 25 and I can definitely feel the difference.

Auto transmissions are great for rally X, Auto X, and Ice racing, I used to race them all did it in auto and manual trans. its all about what you feel more comfortable in at 100+mph

Rallitek sells the same piggyback ECU for around $625 less: http://www.rallitek.com/rapeecu.html

Archived