LegacyGT.com

are there any vendors that sell headers/catbacks exhausts for 95 legacy wagon?

do you need single port or dual port headers?

Thing is, my CEL came on and its for a catalyst code. I was thinking if I should just gut out the cat.

I'm new to the single/dual port headers. Actually its my first 2.2 legacy wagon so I'm new it.

Any ideas?

you may be able to do that, but it's going to depend on your state's emission laws, i'd clear the code and wait a bit to see what happens before you gut the cats..

are you looking to upgrade your exhaust or just fix the code?

would like to upgrade but don't think the significant other would not like that. So fixing the code is what i want. I have already cleared the code today and it came back on again. I'm in michigan so not to worried about emission.

ebay doenst have single port subaru headers, custom fabbing one or having an exhaust shop do it is going to be waaay better and cheaper...i agree, $355 is insane!

if you gut the cats or go with high flow p0402 cat below efficency has a chance of popping up. to fix it you need to buy a rear O2 spacer http://rallitek.com/rao2sesp.html

if you car has rear o2 before the second cat you will need to buy a o2 wire extender http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.co ... 716&page=1

• 1 month later...

http://www.speedyracer.com/servlet/the-173/Subaru-Impreza-Header-for/Detail

These headers show for 00-04 Legacy but $135 seems like a good deal

for headers.

I have a 98 Legacy GT, will those headers above work for my car?

Anyone know if the quality will be much different than the

$300+ ones? There are some $145 for the 98 legacy on ebay.

Also, any recommended exhaust system for these headers?

Zues, I have the same emission concerns as you so any way to get some real

header/exhaust performance that will actually pass emissions here?

thanks!

the speedyracer headers are what i have, they fit ANY 2.5L motor, the walls are thinner than the highly overpriced borla but have a much more reputable durability.. the borlas have been known to crack in time but the speedyracers have held up nicely for the most part, theyre also stainless steel so they'll look pretty, and keep all the winter road shit off for a long time,

i left my cats stock for now, but the plan is to get a single hi-flow cat and just keep the stock header midpipe flanges and cat section so i can swap back to stock cats come emission testing,

with my exhaust setup, i did better than one of my buddies in his 2008 corolla,

i went with a 2.5" custom midpipe and straight through vibrant performance muffler, with a small resonator and the boxer rumble roars

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHAruAI3PA]YouTube- Subaru Legacy Full 2.5" Exhaust[/ame]

• 6 months later...

He has a 1995, this means he has dual-port headers for sure. Nearly any header (if not ALL) that fits 2.5s will fit this car.

Single ports weren't produced/sold until 1996.

PO420 code means that the cats are no good. You can't reuse it. Have to get a new cat. If you have to go in for emissions, those cats need to functional or you'll fail. I don't know about your state but where I'm from, they stick a tube in your exhaust pipe to 'sniff' the gases coming out. Even if you have your check engine light off, the numbers produced won't lie.

As for exhaust, there is a massively wide selection. Basically, anything that can bolt up to a WRX or even a GC STi should bolt up to that car & give it a really nice rumble.

you may be able to do that, but it's going to depend on your state's emission laws, ...

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

CATs are a FEDERAL MANDATE, and it is illegal to bypass/defeat them.

Your state may or may not inspect for them, but gutting or simply removing them is still punishable by law.

Your state may or may not inspect for them, but gutting or simply removing them is still punishable by law.

yes, but if they don't inspect them....how are they going to know they're gutted or not even there?

there's a bajillion people running without cats, im not recommending it, but they-re not going to slap you with a felony and stick you in prison...

my suggestion if you don't want cats is to run a cat delete pipe and bolt on your cats when emissions come around.. win/win

Archived