LegacyGT.com

Center Console 2 Gauge Pod

PLTek

Guest *Jedimaster*
jedi's too busy eating pie. does he have a cubby pod?

Nope. I just shoved that gauge in there. Hmm, Gauge and shoving it in there in the same sentence?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be interested in one for 2 52mm gauges...but i want to keep the door..i don't see why that would be a problem?

It's the depth of the gauge that matters. The gauges that mccorry and I have are too deep to keep the door but some others might be shallow enough. I know a sunpro gauge fits but who wants to use those? Maybe the A'pexi or HKS gauges (shallow ones) would work well here.

jim1969 -

What dimensions do you need from the NEXUS gauges?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I just found out that I may be able to get Defi BF gauges VERY inexpensively. So I may go that route, even though they won't fit with the cubby door shut.

Does anyone have a mounting kit yet for 60 mm gauges that is bolt in? I suppose I could make my own, but I would rather buy one that I know works.

Looking for:

1) depth of the meter from back of front cover flange (to get an idea of how much room is required behind the mounting plate - inside the cubby)

2) Meter face protrusion from back of the front cover flange to the front of the gauge face (to get an idea of how much room is required forward of the mounting plate - IOT see if the door will close.

Mounting plate thickness will of course affect the amount of room front-to-back inside the cubby itself, but suggest using 1/8-3/16" as the mounting plate thickness should yield the dimensions you need. Trial and error time....

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
It's the depth of the gauge that matters. The gauges that mccorry and I have are too deep to keep the door but some others might be shallow enough. I know a sunpro gauge fits but who wants to use those? Maybe the A'pexi or HKS gauges (shallow ones) would work well here.

I have 52mm Defi gauges right now...they fit fine in the cubby and the door closes. I don't see why we can't have a A-pillar mount like the SS cobalt does..i don't see why one like that...1 boost gauge would interfere with the air bag?:confused:

If you take your A-Pillar cover off, you will see that midpoint of the cover there is a metal clip that looks like it keeps that portion of the cover and lower from flying off when the airbag deploys from the top of the pillar. THAT is why I think it is save to install a gauge pod from the midpoint down to the base and not above. If someone were to make a lower half a-pillar gauge mount that holds two gauges, it would be safe and they would sell a lot of them. Add the avo pod and you have 3 gauges within the same area.

I believe that the metal clip will hold the a-pillar cover on because I basically had to bend the cover 45 degrees above the metal clip to remove and re-install the cover.

Did you get the email from AVO about their dash pod?

Archived