LegacyGT.com

Center Console 2 Gauge Pod

PLTek

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because this is a grown up car. It shouldn't look like a 87 civic with a giant tach and shift light screwed down crookedly to the dash with some drywall screws. Read all the posts about ex-audi owners buying LGT's.. that's the kind of quality we want.

Maybe like this:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/products/awe/b6_vent_gauge/b6_cvent_platinum.jpg

or like this:

http://www.stratmosphere.com/s4_boostgauge_320.jpg

Guests shouldn't go "WTF is THAT??" or "Why does that look so ridiculous compared to my normal car". i.e. Need to be able to drive the boss around.

Is that supposed to look stock? lol... I guess what I'm trying to say is that it seems unusual to think a car maker would even put a gauge in the center of a vent. (besides cars made by Ford or GM).... Wait a minute...I just read the post again. I'm sorry I miss read it. The "quality" is what was noted in these pictures. My fault. ;)

The reason I mentioned the Autometer Nexus was that they can be made to match both the needle and backlighting color of the LGT/OBXT. They have a reasonable reliability record (at least I can't ever recall anyone complaining about them), they look good and have a number of features that I like...including ease of connection.

Gauges on the dash, on the "A" pillar, or tacked onto the steering column just won't work aesthetically so it's either individual gauges mounted and tucked into the cubby or it's an LCD panel tucked into the cubby. I'd want the cubby door to close on whichever it is, gauges or LCD.

Don't get me wrong, Defi gauges are perfection. I'm just not sure I can get the gauge "match" that I'm looking for with the stock panel using the Defi gauges.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

good question,

by the way, i just checked out the price of the vent gauge pod that someone put a link to: 259USD

Not sure if people would be willing to pay this much, if you want style, sometimes you have to pay for it

PS

Guest *Jedimaster*
Or you could just samrten up like a lot of us and do something else/live without the exhorbitant-ly priced part...

• 4 weeks later...
here is what i want to do. i want to get a 6.5 inch lcd moniter that would fit in the cubby area. like the jdm nav. but have it be more like an actual computer. and find some softwear that would alow me to use virtual guages on that screen. and if u had this hooked up to a carputer, one could easily have a navi program... or play movies.... or controll your stereo..... or whatever u want. that what i want in my car

Speaking of lcd gagues and a gadget that does it all, check this out. I call it the "AccessPORT" of data logging/display.

I just became a dealer for this company, product is not out yet but looks sweet. I would probably fit in the center console behing the "door".

http://www.pltek.net/PLTek-plx-R500.htm

PS

PLTek,llc

can it display boost? It seems that these electronic gauges limit what they show.

• 2 months later...
Is this view of a JDM version? I think it is because the emergency flasher switch is on the left side and the gauges seem to be oriented toward a right driver.

I would really like a 2 x 52mm gauge holder that fits inside the cubby so that the cubby door can be closed completely. Out of sight, out of mind, very subtle and not crying out for a break in. Ideal would be a system that enable the Autometer Nexus gauge system to fit behind the cubby door.

SBT

+1

Archived