LegacyGT.com

BD/BG Wing mirror glass/Power folding mirrors.

Got a big request for you guy's. Power folding mirrors, they are aaaalllll over the bloody place here, and usually go for about $20USD/wing. I've not bothered sending any to the states, cause i know the mirrors are all wrong and backwards. (one side is more convex than the other, and that's relative to which side you drive on)

BUT, i know you guy's got the JDM style mirrors for a year or so, so the correct glass exsists out there!

Here's the two styles of wing mirrors for the gen 2's:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/Pilot_Reuben/parts/JDMmirrors.jpg

JDM style on the left, USDM style on the right.

Now, the favour i ask is, can someone please the part numbers for me of the American JDM style glass, and a price? I'd like to send a few of these power folding mirrors to the states, but only if i can give specifics on the glass. FYI. A subaru mechanic mate of mine said it's literally impossible to take the glass out without breaking it, so forget trying to find old glass to reuse, you gotta buy it new. But because of this, new glass is easy to get and shouldn't be too expensive.

folding mirrors would be awesome! I never even thought about it...I'll check the part # at some point if I can find it, but no guarantees. Someone else will probably beat me to it. The american glass part number is what you want?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is old, but there are a couple of things to mention here... The glass DOES, in fact, come off without too much hassle if you use a heat gun (albeit it takes about 15-20 minutes...)

Also, from what I understand, it is the '95-'96 USDM Lego's that came with the same triangular mount AND the same sized glass as the JDM. So, those should be swappable without any problems.

There is some modification required in order to get the mirrors to function properly including: making some screw holes larger and trimming a bit of the driver's side triangular mount to acquire the correct USDM LHD LH mirror angle. If that makes sense... :)

I'm going to be doing all of this very soon as I plan on going from powered mirrors to the JDM powered, power-folding AND heated mirrors. I'm getting a lot of help from people that have done it and I'll be posting a how-to/guide as soon as I can.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived