LegacyGT.com

Can we use the intake manifold from an STi..

Tooshea

and get better performance. I mean whats the real diff between the motors? It seems like no one really knows for sure. Is there someone that knows the whole story on this? Any help would be great.

Cams are the same, SHORT BLOCK (including the pistons, rods and crank) are the same.

What is different is the configuration of the turbo outlet and the location of the throttle body. You would have to swap in the turbo, intercooler, intake manifold and throttle body.

ehhh? it's the same 2.5 as far as I can tell.

To answer you question directly, yes you can but you must change the turbo, the intercooler, and most likely make an adapter plate for the legacy throttle body to mount to the manifold. It's probably more trouble than it's worth. One can either wait for a FMIC or build your own. Then what turbo you use (stock vf40, or wrx-style vf22 or vf30) is irrelivant.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Cams are the same, SHORT BLOCK (including the pistons, rods and crank) are the same.

What is different is the configuration of the turbo outlet and the location of the throttle body. You would have to swap in the turbo, intercooler, intake manifold and throttle body.

Got alink about the cams part?

From what i was told by a suby tech is that the cams are slightly different...

No link, but Phil from Element Tuning did some measurements of Forester XT cams vs. STi cams in a post a while back on NASIOC. He measured them to be the same. From this data point most folks are of the belief that all the USDM turbo 2.5Ls have the same heads.

Archived