LegacyGT.com

These are officially the weirdest thing I've seen from Japan...

Hanger

^ Yeah, I was about to say..... :lol:

But Hanger, yep, that's pretty freaking weird/awesome, all-right.

Indeed, like BrownBoy said, the grass is always greener on the other side. I remember my days in Taiwan, before we immigrated here to the US.

*_EVERYTHING_* American was thought to be awesome and great.

Japanese? That's just another set of islands to our north. Get things from there all the time. Why bother? It's Avon and Levis and Tony the Tiger that's really, really cool. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ :) I'm first-generation Taiwanese, with Chinese ancestry (again, first-generation) on both sides. My parents and I immigrated to the States back in '84, and I was Naturalized in '91.

I really like my heritage and ancestry, but I do honestly think that I'm more American than I'm Taiwanese/Chinese, mainly based on how early we immigrated over, and the fact that from then to the time I went off to college, I sadly had little exposure to my native culture, mainly due to where we lived and our economic situation. :( It wasn't until my later high-school years that I'd finally started to reconnect with my cultural heritage, by finding a traditional Chinese martial-arts school.

It wasn't until my Junior year in college that I'd finally started to feel comfortable hanging out with my "Asian friends." Prior to that, my circle of friends had always been either primarily Caucasian (northern Atlanta suburbs) or primarily African American (inner-city Baltimore). That in and of itself was a hilarious flip-flop, when we moved from Baltimore to Atlanta, it truly was as if I'd woken up one day, and my friends suddenly went from all Black, to all White. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived