LegacyGT.com

Pool Ball Shift knob

LieutenantDan

• Mega Users

Well, after a long night of playing pool at a bar full of people I don't like, I decided it would be a good idea to steal one of the cue balls.

After mulling over what to do with it the next day, I figured i'd try it out as a shift knob.

1. Use a piece of string to find the exact opposite of what you want pointing straight up.

2. I used a 25/64 drill bit on a drill press. The thread pitch and size of the 5eat shifter is 10x1.25 (metric obviously). The thread length on the shifter is 1" long.

3. Counter sink a hole for the 10x1.25 nut.

4. Epoxy the nut with a matching bolt threaded on it to ensure it's perfectly straight.

5. Once the epoxy's dry and the bolt isn't glued to the nut, you have a shift knob.

(I considered using a thread tap but that's kind of a rare size. Also, this was just a test run and wanted to do it quickly just to try out the size and height. I will be getting a red "3" ball for the next one)

IMAG0085.thumb.jpg.27cdca1d287eb4751284f6ca1be5edb0.jpg

Did you not like the owner, or the customers? Because if you just didn't like the customers, it makes more sense to steal their shift knobs and not the establishment's goods.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

• Mega Users
Did you not like the owner, or the customers? Because if you just didn't like the customers, it makes more sense to steal their shift knobs and not the establishment's goods.

Mom...............is that you? When did you start driving a subaru? So cool. I'm going to steal yours just for being a nancy

@bluesuby - was that the last guy you ever knew? depressing

@Reddawg - hell yeah its used. What's the point of using a brand new one? It's not dirty or anything. I buffed it with my dremel:lol: That's going to be my new pick up line.

Hey ladies, anybody wanna get buffed with my dremel?

• Mega Users

It's weird that you were in blacksburg coming to play pool at 2 am (when the bars close) at a bar I rarely go to the exact same day I decided to lift a cue ball. Sorry to ruin several very important minutes of your life.

Oh what's that? You've never been to virginia? You never were in blacksburg? You weren't in the bar where I lifted a cue ball? Oh, so you were never affected by such a travesty. What on earth are we to do?

I know I've never walked into a bar and found a pool table without a cue ball and I've never walked over to the bartender and asked for a new ball while explaining the cue ball was missing and was given another one without so much as a second glance or hesitation. Weird that they would have replacements. DOUCHEBAG, now please GTFO of my thread.

You don't look much like a steer, so that kind of narrows it down a bit.

Now wcbjr's panties are unbunched as his vag has been desanded, we can get on with our lives

• Mega Users

Once again, it's d*cks like that who make this forum suck. I really shouldn't be hesitant to put up something unique with a little bit of useful information. But there will always be some idiot trying to assert some pointless point to someone else.

Ladies and gentleman, there's a turd in the punch bowl

It's not like I asked a stupid question or made a completely pointless thread. Maybe someone will try something similar because they ran across this. Thanks again

Archived