LegacyGT.com

So...I'm the new guy

Ok, just bought my wife an 05 2.5i Auto. The car is awesome, it's my first Subaru. I personally own a '92 MR2. I was wondering, is there ANYTHING out there for a 2.5i tuning/aftermarket wise? I've known a few buddies who have WRXs/LGTs and what not, the wife is up for the idea of modding her car but we don't want to do anything too serious, maybe intake/exhaust, I read that COBB still hasn't come out with a tune for the 05 3.5i yet...but any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

ps: whose gonna be the first to say "sell it and get a LGT"? :rolleyes:

ps: whose gonna be the first to say "sell it and get a LGT"? :rolleyes:

Sell it and get an LGT! :rolleyes:

Now thats out of the way kids... If you want to do performance mods, stop thinking about power mods. If you get intake/exhaust and a tune you are looking at maybe 10hp from what I have read. I have also done a lot of all motor dragracing and you should save yourself the hassle and forget power mods. 10hp is not going to change the car nearly as much as suspension/tires/brakes. If you want a little more noise, get an exhaust.

I tell you this as a subaru brother and indeed, would tell my very own brother this in your shoes - I am NOT flaming you.

If you want to do "performance" mods for you car get:

#1 upgrade = TIRES (on 18x8 wheels would be a huge bonus)

#2 upgrade = Hawk HPS Pads & Amsoil Brake Fluid

Swaybars

Springs

Struts

Make it a better DRIVER because you are not going to get much back from the power mods. You will get a LOT back from wheels, tires and suspension. I consider the #1 and #2 upgrade a must have for ANY 05-06 Leggie owner.

Make the car faster?

A good spring/strut combo and thicker sways - Faster through the turns

Better brakes - Later to brake, faster through the curves

Hey, if you've got the mod bug, there are plenty of options. IMHO, these mods will give you significantly more bang for the buck (driving fun-factor) over performance mods in an NA.

there's an FAQ for the 2.5i here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-subaru-legacy-2-5i-115322.html

also most discussion for the 2.5i is in the normally aspirated section of the forum, feel free to stop in and browse the discussions

Well thanks to everyone who replied, after I posted I figured that there wasn't too much I could do, that's fine with me...also thanks for the input on checking out the n/a section of the site...i'll go ahead and check it out. Again thanks for the advice.

Hey man, and welcome from another fellow LGT.com and USAF member. Do you ever drive your wife's car around base?

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Archived