LegacyGT.com

STi Brembos on LGT

SVT2LGT

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a repeat. I have been searching for my answer and haven't come across anything. I have recently purchased a set of STi Brembo from and 04 STi (front and rear) to put on my LGT. Is this a direct swap and will the Brembos clear thr stock 17inch 05 LGT wheels?

Thanks,

Aaron

1-will only clear OE wheels with a spacer.

2-The fronts are essentially a direct swap minus maybe trimming or removing the splash shields.

3-The rears need either an adapter bracket or special rotors to use the LGT rear parking brake.

As long as the rotors are for the Legacy 5x100 pattern, they will bolt right in place. It's the calipers and mounting that provide a little challenge.

Fronts bolt right up.

Rears require an adapter bracket to mount the caliper and either special rotors that use factory ebrake shoes or special ebrake shoes so you can use any 5x100 rotor, both break about even from what I have found.

Highly recommend http://www.fredbeansparts.com they have everything you need.

Braided brake lines are also a good idea but not needed.

They will not clear the factory wheels and wheels spacers are bad m'kay :p I'm piecing this same setup together.

Hey guys thanks for the quick replies. It's good to know that in the meantime I can install the fronts while waiting for the adaptor for the rear brakes.

I know spacers aren't the best idea sigh guess I will need to sell my LGT wheels and get 17's that STi's use in the winter so that way I can still winter drive my LGT.

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't this the kind of research one is supposed to do BEFORE you drop a several hundred on Brembos? :lol:

LOL there was no time, the seller only wanted $800 CDN shipped! His wife was tired of them taking up space so I bought thembefore he could change his mind. These clear my summer wheels just fine (18x9 +35 Rota G-Forces). I now have to sell my stockwheels as I just bought a set of wheels for winter :).

As for the actual AVO number is there anyone that has it :)?

Aaron

Dont forget that you will need the mounting bolts for the fronts as the legacy bolts are not the same.

I just got the bolts from the dealership. So now I have: '04 STi Brembos, front and rear, '04 STi Rotors. What else do I need to do the swap on the front? Rear, all I need is the mounting brackets? Don't I need some kind of e-brake adapter? I'm a little confused. :spin:

you need caliper brackets and parking shoes for the rear.

PM user: unclemat . He had custom parking shoes made for this setup.

Thanks! Caliper brackets for the front and rear or just the rear? Recommendation on brake lines? Which fit the best for the Brembo swap?

brackets and shoes only needed for rears.

i used my stock LGT lines. A vendor on here has created rear lines that are a perfect fit...search and you should find the thread.

Cool. PM'd unclemat. Thanks again for the help! I will search...

Archived