LegacyGT.com

New 09 Spec.B - what to offer?

Right now the dealer offered me the car at $30,300 (includes all fees, etc except taxes and shipping costs to me). Car has every option I think, including wing and even the STI short shifter. MSRP is actually $37,228.

Still going to try and get them down closer to $27-28K. We'll see - worst they can say is 'no' right? :)

wish me luck - hope to become an owner and contributing member to these boards soon!

Deposit has been made! Got it for $28K, excluding cost to transport it (looks to be around ~$800) and taxes I'll have pay when I register it in my home state.

Pretty happy with the deal. We went back and forth a bit, but so far the dealer seems pretty decent. Got a good rate from my credit union, but let them check and see if they can beat it (no affect on price), so no loss to me.

Now to finalize all the paperwork and arrange shipping, but I should have my new Ruby Red Spec B fairly shortly!

Thanks for all the advice and help everyone!

The first 200 miles on a motor are the most important of its life, and chances are it was abused during those 200. So you should have gotten the discount you did considering it was "new", but not really new. Either way, good negotiating and hopefully you don't have any issues with it down the road!

I'm guessing he got the ruby red spec B from a dealer that had it here in california?

Actually its in Arizona...and coming all the way to me in New York!

If anyone is intersted, I think there is a silver leftover 09 specb in El Paso, TX. Came across that one as well, but had some trouble getting in touch with them.

I paid 28.8 out of the door (tax tag, etc) 2009 spec B with the same things as you mentioned. it only had 9 miles on her though :)

oh yeah i also got a huge subaru banner from their wall and a few odds and ends t-shirts, jackets, etc :)

Congrats! but go and modify it as soon as possible. When i first drove my SpecB i almost didn't want it coming from a wrx that made 275 whp.

the spec B felt heavy, quiet and under powered. all these can be fixed with some sway bars, endlinks, springs and most importantly, turbo back and a good tune :)

i now enjoy my spec B very much.

Deposit has been made! Got it for $28K, excluding cost to transport it (looks to be around ~$800) and taxes I'll have pay when I register it in my home state.

Pretty happy with the deal. We went back and forth a bit, but so far the dealer seems pretty decent. Got a good rate from my credit union, but let them check and see if they can beat it (no affect on price), so no loss to me.

Now to finalize all the paperwork and arrange shipping, but I should have my new Ruby Red Spec B fairly shortly!

Thanks for all the advice and help everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived