LegacyGT.com

So Subaru wanted to buy my car from me and put me in a new sti...

Last week my local subie dealer called me and they were interested in buying my 06 LGT LTD fully loaded stage II. I told him flat out over the phone it would take a 2010 sti the way i want it to even make me consider it because I LOVE my car. He put on his best show and said he will roll out the red carpet for you me come and lets see what we can do. So i figured it wouldn't hurt just to see what they can offer. So i went in after work and sat down with the salesman i spoke with and filled out some paperwork about my car. I explained to him that i just recently bought out my lease and am now financing the remainder of the car. I also stated that i am not in the market for a new car so i dont want to put any money down. he understood and we began setting up my sti. all i put in it was fog lights, sub/amp, and a boost gauge. (keeping in mind my car is loaded including factoring installed short shifter, performance gauge pack, spoiler, sub/amp, sti pedals) So he went out back and came back with a 72 mo buy out with my car only being a 13,000 trade when my car should be at least 16,500 in its condition with 49k on it. monthly payment 598!!! I laughed and said this isnt gunna work man. he asked for another shot and came back with a base sti(no options at all!) on a 39 mo lease for 498 a month better but not great. so im suppose to trade in my loaded gt which is almost as fast as this sti for a car that has less luxuries and options and accessories and pay over 250 more a month for payments and insurance than what i pay now. i respectively declined and walked out they didnt stop me so they didnt want me car as bad as they made it seem over the phone. I think i made the right decision. I dont wanna make car payments the rest of my life and there is nothing wrong with my car and i love it.

the dealers are never going to go below what they paid... its worthless..

the manager told me up front, if they go below what they paid for, they own subaru or whoever that money...

Yea and i was kinda insulted with the trade in price. kelley blue book puts my car ay like 16k or more.

Yea and i was kinda insulted with the trade in price. kelley blue book puts my car ay like 16k or more.

if you really want a lower priced 2010.. look for a returned 2010 used.. they should go 5K less after few months of driving.

I bought a used one, was driven for 7 months accordion to car fax, later found out it was a woman driving an LGT. Found lipstick and girl's cell pocket holder around driver seat.

Wait, a dealership cold-called you just to buy your car?

i woudlnt be surprised, I get these letters directly from the sales person about wanting to buy my 08 LGT back for 100% or a little more than KBB value if i meet their conditions or some BS. Too bad not even a new STI will get me to trade my 4th gen. and dont even try swapping it with a 5th gen LGT. :spin:

Isn't it obvious these are scams to get you in the door?! Once you sit down and give them your keys so they can "check out" your car they have you.

I get letters from dealers I have dealt with all the time. They could give a crap about your current car no matter how nice...they just want to make a deal on the new one.

So frustrating to buy cars...online shopping has made it sooo much easier now.

Isn't it obvious these are scams to get you in the door?! Once you sit down and give them your keys so they can "check out" your car they have you.

I get letters from dealers I have dealt with all the time. They could give a crap about your current car no matter how nice...they just want to make a deal on the new one.

So frustrating to buy cars...online shopping has made it sooo much easier now.

wait you are buying cars now online? :confused:

Its an old sales trick. They just want you to come in and try to sell you a new car. They'll probably give you kbb trade-in or a little higher, the catch is they're not going to sell you car much below sticker.

They can afford to be a little more generous if your car would qualify as CPO, since that's a quick way for them to boost the sale price by $1-2k.

$16,500 for an 06 with 49k even in excellent condition just isn't done for a trade value unless they are robbing you on the replacement price. But, it sounds like it is worth $16,500 or a lot more in your eyes, so you definitely made a great choice in keeping it.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Wait, a dealership cold-called you just to buy your car?

Freehold Subaru. The funny part was he showed me the calling list and there was another LGT LTD on the list who wasn't interested. Then I knew i wasnt that special and they were trying to make a easy sale.

see i would have gone in too. Yea, of course they are just trying to get you in the door, but who cares if you have 100% of the power. If you go in with the mindset of "no way i'm buying a car unless you blow me away" then you are in complete control. And the OP walked away like he should have. But i would have gone in too, if nothing more than just for fun.
It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

Archived