LegacyGT.com

So Subaru wanted to buy my car from me and put me in a new sti...

Stop leasing car's it is such a rip off. I would have not even went in, 598 for a fully loaded STI is not bad if you make 100K a year. LOL

It wasnt even loaded it only had a few little things. no where near the options i have in my car thats what was so funny. And yes the only reason i went in is cuz they called me and I had the power so i gave it a shot. and im glad i did cuz it further proves that LGT's are the best cars and i love mine and will never let it go!

I want Subaru to call me just so I can go and drive an STi. I still haven't gotten that chance yet.

"Yea! That sounds like a great idea, I'll be down there tomorrow"

"Ohhh, well you know there's no way I'm even going to consider this deal on a car I haven't driven right?"

^ You know you can go to a Subie dealer and test drive an Sti without buying it, right?

Not when you're 20 years old and still look like you're 17. The two occasions that I've bought a car, it was a pain in the ass to find a dealer that would even let me drive a ~$15k used car, and I was serious about buying a car. Sucks for all the salesmen that lost my potential business because they thought I was another young kid out joy-riding. If I went in asking to drive a 2010 STi, they'd laugh, pinch my cheek and point me in the direction of their recently traded in 1997 4eat OBS. :lol:

See, now if they called me to buy a 2010 STi, then, you know, it might be a little different. I don't know..

Freehold Subaru has a bunch of dicks working there. -_- when we leased our legacy, it was printed on the subaru website the special nationwide price, and yet they still have the audacity to ignore it and throw a ballpark huge number at us. so we left. went there for service, guy treated me like i didn't know crap about my car. lol. good thing you left.

Getting a cold call from a dealership and running right down there tells the dealership to look for the fool with a worm sticking out their mouth as they have snared a big fish.

I hope a lot of you learned from the OP mistake or almost mistake. I know some dealers that have back rooms filled with phone booths and lists of names to call.

Also other than your name and maybe phone number, do not fill out any "paperwork" unless you are getting ready to make an offer.

Stop leasing car's it is such a rip off. I would have not even went in, 598 for a fully loaded STI is not bad if you make 100K a year. LOL

leasing isn't that bad as long as:

1. you don't have a long commute and have a second car for longer trips

2. you don't buy out your lease at the end of the leasing period...if you do, then you are royally screwed and end up spending much more money if you had just financed it right from the start

Not when you're 20 years old and still look like you're 17. The two occasions that I've bought a car, it was a pain in the ass to find a dealer that would even let me drive a ~$15k used car, and I was serious about buying a car. Sucks for all the salesmen that lost my potential business because they thought I was another young kid out joy-riding. If I went in asking to drive a 2010 STi, they'd laugh, pinch my cheek and point me in the direction of their recently traded in 1997 4eat OBS. :lol:

See, now if they called me to buy a 2010 STi, then, you know, it might be a little different. I don't know..

when i was 18 i worked at a Porsche dealer, my friend and I went to several dealer just to test drive cars, many blew us off. so we took a 911 to a dealer one day.... test drove a new STi, just for fun. miss those days.

Archived