LegacyGT.com

Gonna run the 1/4 mile!

Hey what day you going out there to run? iam right down the street sort of in beaverton and would love to come watch ya.

I am going on friday night. Girlfriend will be dragging the car not I. Will be interesting lol

everyone is from oregon! come to the east coast next time you want to light the tree

I'm trying to find a local track to run mine at, but limerock seems to be the closest. I gotta put some funds into handling though before I embarass myself haha

like everyone else on this forum? :D I've been trying to find one with the good gaskets and a 5speed forever, but have come up empty. oh well, 2.2 with the slushbox is what I'll hang on to for now.

Why not?

BTW the auto really sucks the life out of these cars. Mine picked up quite a bit of acceleration after swapping to a 5mt, and thats even with the 3.9 diff I put in. It would be even a bit more lively with the 4.1, but I wanted a bit better gearing for daily driving. PIR is also kind of a slow track, I ran about .2 sec slower at PIR versus Woodburn. Best time in my old car at PIR was like 14.27 versus 14.05 at Woodburn.

Even then, I'd be happy to run mid 16s in my LGT. Hopefully I'll find out next weekend.

oh yeah. auto's really don't do any car justice, unless you've got a dual clutch or automated manual or something that the legacy just never was offered with. I love my legacy, I just wish it was standard, or I had the time/patience/money/know-how to swap a manual transmission in. but all I've heard about it is it's not worth it.

Archived